Wiki Posts
Search

A320 with seven rows of business class?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2015, 3:43 am
Original Poster

A320 with seven rows of business class?

Hi all,

I am travelling in C tomorrow with TK1791 IST-ARN and the TK website shows a A320-200 seat plan with 7 rows of business class.

I thought that all TK A320s with recliner seats had 4-5 rows and the ones with a blocked middle seat 1-5 rows?

Does anybody know what type of plane/seat layout this is? Business recliner seats or economy seats with blocked middle seat? Or something else?

Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: UA *G MM
It must be an old fashioned convertible seat if it has that many rows. I think the normal 2+2 has 4 rows and the ex-Kingfisher have 5 rows.

I think you are also able to tell by the seat numbers. The 2+2 is A-B and E-F vs. A-C and D-F, I believe.

It's a bit surprising that they have 7 rows of business. My experience with IST-ARN route is oversold in economy and op-upgrades on every flight.

Originally Posted by PerStockholm
Hi all,

I am travelling in C tomorrow with TK1791 IST-ARN and the TK website shows a A320-200 seat plan with 7 rows of business class.

I thought that all TK A320s with recliner seats had 4-5 rows and the ones with a blocked middle seat 1-5 rows?

Does anybody know what type of plane/seat layout this is? Business recliner seats or economy seats with blocked middle seat? Or something else?

Thanks!
Old Feb 7, 2015, 2:39 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by gnaget
It must be an old fashioned convertible seat if it has that many rows. I think the normal 2+2 has 4 rows and the ex-Kingfisher have 5 rows.
Agree - no aircraft with fixed C-class cabin.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

As suspected, the aircraft was an ordinary A320 with the old interior and blocked middle seat. But I have never seen 7 rows of business before, and according to the "seat sites", these aircraft have a maximum of 5 rows of business. Strange since the flight had a heavy load in Y, but very light load in C. Lots of empty seats.
Old Feb 10, 2015, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does TK intend to do anything about this inconsistent shorthaul J hard product, e.g. by reconfiguring aircraft, or will they keep the 3+3 configuration until the aircraft concerned are replaced?

Johan
Old Feb 10, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by PerStockholm
As suspected, the aircraft was an ordinary A320 with the old interior and blocked middle seat. But I have never seen 7 rows of business before, and according to the "seat sites", these aircraft have a maximum of 5 rows of business. Strange since the flight had a heavy load in Y, but very light load in C. Lots of empty seats.
My upcoming flight, last minute equipment change on IST-MXP and getting A320

If it weren't for the same award miles (BOS-IST = BOS-IST-MXP = 45000 miles) I would've just stayed with economy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.