Wiki Posts
Search

Reserve Now/Pay later?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2015, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Reserve Now/Pay later?

We are looking at a trip in October. I see that Turkish Air allows you to make a reservation now and pal later. I made a dummy booking all the way to the point of checking box that indicated I accepted terms and it does seem like you can indeed reserve now and pay later.

I wasn't able to see when "later" is and if the fare is locked in at the current price or if it can fluctuate.

Also, I didn't see if you can cancel (and rebook) if the fare drops in the meantime.

One last thing, since the flight is OW from Capetown to Marseille, and I am US citizen, I did see something about "if you want ticket issued in another country besides where the flight was originating, you must call Turkish Air" and I am not sure what exactly that means to ME. Does it matter if it is issued in South Africa?

Thanks for your insights on any and all of these questions.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by DebitNM
I wasn't able to see when "later" is and if the fare is locked in at the current price or if it can fluctuate.
Typically, for standard economy fares, "later" means within three days. The on-line reservation system is very clear on the deadline for ticketing. If you do not ticket within the deadline the reservation is canceled. If you do, your price quote is guaranteed.

Shuly
Old Jan 2, 2015, 4:21 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Depending where the first segment of PNR is departing/originating, my experience, again, just 4 data points

US - 5 days
Canada - a week
EU - a month
Turkey - 24 hours for domestic flight, promo fares, 30 minutes.
Old Jan 3, 2015, 3:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by vincewy
Depending where the first segment of PNR is departing/originating, my experience, again, just 4 data points

US - 5 days
Canada - a week
EU - a month
Turkey - 24 hours for domestic flight, promo fares, 30 minutes.
Then its different for Turkey based members,which I fully believ is possible,the very,very shortest I get is 24 hrs for domestic promo fares,for normal domestic fares its as much as 7 days before departure,which can mean litterally months.

On the other hand,when I book departures from a European departure point,I typically get 7 days,sometimes less.

Standard economy fares,are 7 days (V class) in my experience,although I sometimes get 3.
Awards are always 7 days for me,but those I always book in C,and I have newer booked a domestic award.

Last edited by geirfugl; Jan 3, 2015 at 4:04 am
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I thought to shoot my question on this thread: if having paid and ticketed, can I cancel my ticket within 24hrs with full refund from payment such as offered by many other airlines? Does TK have such option?
Old Jan 10, 2015, 9:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FFlash
I thought to shoot my question on this thread: if having paid and ticketed, can I cancel my ticket within 24hrs with full refund from payment such as offered by many other airlines? Does TK have such option?
No.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:03 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Originally Posted by geirfugl
No.
I believe the 24 hour full refund window is mandated by US, this applies to all tickets sold from US origination flights.

Originally Posted by geirfugl
Then its different for Turkey based members,which I fully believ is possible,the very,very shortest I get is 24 hrs for domestic promo fares,for normal domestic fares its as much as 7 days before departure,which can mean litterally months.
Correction, it all depends on the fare, cabin class, and departing city.

Earlier I said Canada has a week holding time, well, that's only for YYZ Business Class. When I do the same for flights departing YUL, there's no "Reserve and Pay Later" option, you'll need to pay immediately.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It gives me 24 hours or less on domestic promotion fare (W). Though I notice that different routes have different hold time? Or it simply use the calendar day versus a full 24 hours.

For the same routes Atlasjet gives me 3 weeks on its lowest fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.