Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IST-AMS: What Time to Arrive at Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
IST-AMS: What Time to Arrive at Airport

Flying to AMS on the 08:20 from IST in C. What time do I need to arrive at the airport?
Old Jun 24, 2014, 10:15 pm

Programs: Air Canada, Hyatt
AMS-IST: What Time to Arrive at Airport

5:45am
Old Jun 25, 2014, 5:26 am

Programs: TK Elite+, HIlton Diamond, Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
5:45am
Unless you intend on visiting the lounge there is no need to be there that early. An hour later still leaves 90 minutes which is more than adequate for a flight to AMS.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
The airport is very very busy at that time of the morning! I'd also go early, and enjoy the (also very very busy!) lounge.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:25 am

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
With C, don't forget to take advantage of quick exit on the left end of the terminal (next to CIP Lounge) after checking-in.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 12:36 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Originally Posted by Aloha1
Flying to AMS on the 08:20 from IST in C. What time do I need to arrive at the airport?
It depends if you would like to visit TK lounge. If not I guess 6.45 AM is OK.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 2.96MM DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, HH Lifetime Diamond, Marriott TE
Originally Posted by vincewy
With C, don't forget to take advantage of quick exit on the left end of the terminal (next to CIP Lounge) after checking-in.
Can you explain further? Exit to where?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
The airport is very very busy at that time of the morning! I'd also go early, and enjoy the (also very very busy!) lounge.
Since we have breakfast on the flight and have another longer flight from AMS, we'll skip the lounge. Sounds like 6:45 is a good time to arrive.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Aloha1
Can you explain further? Exit to where?
First of all there is a security screening when entering the terminal building.
Skip the line as TK C / TK *G guest by telling your driver to drop you at the last entrance of the international terminal building. There is a separate entrance for TK C / TK *G guests.

When checked in, you have the entrance to your back. Turn left and go to the very end of the terminal building. There is a landside entrance to the lounge with a dedicated security screening and immigration counter. Only for TK C guests or Elite+ travelling on TK. That is quicker than the regular fast track counter.

The only time of day where that entrance is busy is between 06:00 and 06:15 a.m. as the landside entrance only opens at 06:00 a.m.

While rushing through the lounge at that time of day a quick espresso will surely be appreciated.

Boarding time according to the boarding passes issued in Istanbul is one hour ahead of scheduled departure time. That is a leftover of the times when the second security screening was directly at the gate.

If I have a flight boarding at gates 219-226 I leave the lounge T- 25 minutes, all other gates T - 35 minutes and even then there is still a line to board the plane.

I usually plan to be at Atatrk airport 1:15 hours before departure. TK is very efficient for those guests that just want to "fly" through the airport.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vivamuci
First of all there is a security screening when entering the terminal building.
Skip the line as TK C / TK *G guest by telling your driver to drop you at the last entrance of the international terminal building. There is a separate entrance for TK C / TK *G guests.

When checked in, you have the entrance to your back. Turn left and go to the very end of the terminal building. There is a landside entrance to the lounge with a dedicated security screening and immigration counter. Only for TK C guests or Elite+ travelling on TK. That is quicker than the regular fast track counter.

The only time of day where that entrance is busy is between 06:00 and 06:15 a.m. as the landside entrance only opens at 06:00 a.m.

While rushing through the lounge at that time of day a quick espresso will surely be appreciated.

Boarding time according to the boarding passes issued in Istanbul is one hour ahead of scheduled departure time. That is a leftover of the times when the second security screening was directly at the gate.

If I have a flight boarding at gates 219-226 I leave the lounge T- 25 minutes, all other gates T - 35 minutes and even then there is still a line to board the plane.

I usually plan to be at Atatrk airport 1:15 hours before departure. TK is very efficient for those guests that just want to "fly" through the airport.
Many thanks for your detailed reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.