Wiki Posts
Search

Rocketmiles

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:16 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Rocketmiles

TK M&S is a new partner with Rocketmiles - book hotels and earn miles.
3k bonus Promo link here - https://www.rocketmiles.com/milesandsmiles-3k-bonus

I thought it was nice to have another way to earn miles with Turkish aside from flights.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:05 am
ZFR

Programs: MileagePlus; M&M; LANPASS
Yes, this is great news. Before booking a hotel via above link it is good to create profile with a reference code. It is always 1000 miles more !

http://z-f-r.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ZFR; Apr 30, 2014 at 5:54 am
Old Apr 30, 2014, 5:20 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Indeed, good news Thanks for the info and the link !
Old May 6, 2014, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT
Look fwd to booking my first night for bonus nights.
Old May 6, 2014, 9:02 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Wanted to book a hotel in BKK - but comparing the Rocketmiles rates vs. these available Kayak it looks like the Rocketmiles rates per night are about USD 30.00 higher (at least for the property I wanted to stay at). I will still go ahead and book via Rocketmiles to get the welcome miles, but will treat it as buying 8k miles for USD 60.00
Old May 6, 2014, 10:52 pm
ZFR

Programs: MileagePlus; M&M; LANPASS
Originally Posted by TPJ
Wanted to book a hotel in BKK - but comparing the Rocketmiles rates vs. these available Kayak it looks like the Rocketmiles rates per night are about USD 30.00 higher (at least for the property I wanted to stay at). I will still go ahead and book via Rocketmiles to get the welcome miles, but will treat it as buying 8k miles for USD 60.00
You right, Rocketmiles usually is more expensive. Book one night via Rocketmiles, get your 6000 and go to your booking website to book other nights there.
I booked Novotel in Poznan (Poland). Three nights via Rocketmiles were only around $3 more expensive than on Expedia. I was lucky
More on my blog: http://z-f-r.blogspot.com/2014/04/mi...p-to-6000.html

Last edited by ZFR; May 8, 2014 at 1:50 am
Old May 7, 2014, 2:49 am

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
For referral codes; may I suggest the FT Conga? You use the referral code of a FT-member, and another member uses yours:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/s-p-m...ays-conga.html
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Can someone confirm if miles earned thru Rocketmiles are status miles? We are 2,500 miles short of Elite card and looking for ways to close the gap. Thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2014, 12:14 pm

Rocketmiles

You need to fly in order to obtain status miles.
Miles earned thru rocketmiles are bonus miles.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:30 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
I've checked those hotels and rates, not only do they generally cost more, the selections are very limited.

Bottom line is, hotel is an integral part of a trip, in my case, I've grown fond of certain areas of Istanbul that I'm willing to forgo miles and hotel points so I can stay where I want to.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 9:05 pm

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
They are not ! Would be too good to be true :-)

Originally Posted by italdesign:23320189
Can someone confirm if miles earned thru Rocketmiles are status miles? We are 2,500 miles short of Elite card and looking for ways to close the gap. Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2015, 6:34 am

Programs: *G
TK MS & Rocketmiles (hotels) partnership - what's the catch?

Got the TK promo email about booking hotels Rocketmiles for bonus of 4k miles directly to M&S...plus standard mileage earnings (~1k/night)

Ignoring the bonus...even the standard mileage earnings seems too good to be true. Is there a catch?

Example: 7 days starting this weekend in Munich.
(real sample for me, not cherry-picked or random selection)

NH Hotels Unterhaching
Rocketmiles: 671 EUR all-in + 7000 miles + bonus
Direct from NH: 673 EUR all-in
Direct from NH membership fare: 640 EUR all-in

Hilton Munich Park
Rocketmiles: 1934 EUR all-in + 7000 miles + bonus
Direct from Hilton: 2093 EUR all-in

So the price is comparable or even cheaper than booking direct.
Pretty good selection of standard business hotels. (Search yielded 20 results).

Worst case from above, 31 EUR difference to gain 7000 miles.
Also, the earning rate is similar crediting to UA Mileageplus

There must be something im missing ??
Old Dec 1, 2015, 7:56 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
RocketMiles takes the same "distressed" (i.e. surplus) inventory that hotels push out to opaque booking channels like Priceline bid-price and Hotwire. Instead of passing these discounts on to consumers like Hotwire and Priceline do, RocketMiles marks the rates back up to something comparable to the hotel's own rates, and uses the difference to buy the piles of miles for you.

So if money is not an issue, it's a great deal. But if you value the cash, you'll typically find the same hotel for much less through an opaque channel.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: LH, BA, TK
In my searches Rocketmiles and Pointshound sell room at a considerable premium compared to Booking.com, and in few cases also the breakfast was out of the deal.

Acceptable if you value miles and see it as a way to "purchase" award miles, esp if based in a country with stingy credit card or airline miles offers.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Anyone taking advantage of the 4000 additional bonus miles offer? I have hard time finding the hotels I really like with limited selections.

Unlike airline miles, I have certain liking/dis-liking of hotels...... the ones I really like I am willing to pay more and even forgo points and miles .... the opposite is true, those I don't like, no amount of miles will get me to book with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.