Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 17, 2014, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: potjernik
If you have recently renewed your M&S membership card or been status matched and have not yet received your new shiny card you can get one made for you at the Miles&Smiles helpdesk at IST airport.

There are three locations that you could get your card in Istanbul Airport ( IST ). Two of them are at the international departures hall ( airside ) of the terminal while the other one is at the check-in area.
You could find the respective desks at these points;

Landside:
-At Check-in island D next to the domestic Economy check-in counters of TK. Reported operating hours: 07:00 - 22:00

Airside: ( Opening Soon, date not available )
-Near Longchamp and Montblanc, next to Plus Kitchen on the western part of the duty free area
-Across the Old Bazaar store, next to HQuick Lounge café at the eastern part of the duty free area

For directions to these desks, you could access the airport map by clicking here. Simply write "Miles&Smiles Stand" to the search area.

Be aware that a valid ID ( Turkish ID, Turkish Drivers License, Passport for Turkish citizens and Passport for all other nationalities ) must be shown to the agent at the desk. The number of the documentation must match the information on your Miles&Smiles account.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 9:26 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Forrest Bump
Matched on 5 Aug. 2013, Elite card package delivered today 28 May 2014.
Gotta love TK
When is the expiry date?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 5:26 pm

I live in Texas. Got 21,800 M&S from a recent trip...any redemptive value to these without trying to earn more miles first? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...Researching this is making my head hurt. Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 3:08 pm
MMM

Programs: TK E+ *A GOLD, TAM OW Sapphire
Reached E+ on 28 FEB. 2014, Elite+ ECO card package delivered today 6 JUNE 2014 - in Brazil. ;-)
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:02 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gussomer
I live in Texas. Got 21,800 M&S from a recent trip...any redemptive value to these without trying to earn more miles first? Hoping someone can point me in the right direction...Researching this is making my head hurt. Thanks in advance.
JFK-SFO/LAX on United BusinessFirst for 25000 miles round trip. Availability is tough to find on the P.S flights though.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Club Carlson Gold,
I just got my status match to Elite from BA Gold! (it took just over 2 months) This was confirmed by email today from customer service, but not yet showing on the website.

It would be very very nice to get the card for use of Star Alliance lounges in the coming months (not sure it they allow access, otherwise?). If anyone is going to IST and can help me out, it would be HUGELY appreciated. It could be mailed to either Bucharest or Gothenburg Sweden. Please PM me if you can help.
Old Jun 12, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: *G
transited EU --> IST --> Domestic terminal --> ESB last week

from the EU transit, walked by an apparent gate 216 which was next to visa desk and immigrations transfer. didnt see anything like the pick up desk. should i have seen it?

also will be doing ESB --> IST --> intnl flight soon

i assume in the area for intnl departure is where i should find it?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
applied 2/7/12, *Gold card arrived 4/6/14.

Have re-qualified for another two years on 12/11/12.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: *G
There were no M&S desk between A&B checkin.

The desk near gate 216 was staffed by a girl who was gabbing on the phone for minutes, completely oblivious to the fact I was standing in front of her. After a while, she glanced up and asked "Turkish?" and pointed to customer service desk.

I said I needed to print out the card, she pointed to printer and said "broken" and went back to the phone.

"Is there any other way of getting a card?". She shrugged me off.

TK service, folks.

Funny enough when I walked by later another customer was waiting at the desk and girl was still on the phone ignoring the customer. (From body language and tone it wasn't a work call...)

Also, typing this while waiting for luggage which *literally* is taking longer to arrive than the actual flight. Literally. They forgot to tag my bag priority. But for those that were tagged, it was still a 45m wait.....
Old Jul 14, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: TK*G
Transited IST twice in the last week and a half. Both times (once at 6:30pm and once at 11:00pm), there was a person sitting at the Miles & Smiles desk near gate 216. But both times, they said that service was 'closed' - the desk is shared with some odd newspaper pickup operation, and I assumed that the employee worked for them. There is a larger desk behind this small one, that was staffed by TK, but both times, they refused to help. Lounge staff also refused or were unable to help.

So I still don't have a card, and my status still doesn't show up when other airlines input my TK number. Awesome.

If anyone's transiting IST any time soon and is able to help in trying to get me a card, I'd be very grateful.
Old Jul 14, 2014, 11:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by deniah
There were no M&S desk between A&B checkin.

I said I needed to print out the card, she pointed to printer and said "broken" and went back to the phone.

"Is there any other way of getting a card?". She shrugged me off.
The printer near gate 216 seems to be "broken" quite often. It was also when I was transiting through but I said I would really like to get it now while I was passing through and they said something like "fine, I get your details and you can come back in 30 mins.

When I went back she arrived with 5-6 different cards that she had printed elsewhere and distributed those to people who were waiting for them.

So yes, there is other place to get those printed but it might be problem to get them interested enough to do it and I assume you can't go there yourself, otherwise she would have probably just directed me there...
Old Jul 14, 2014, 3:47 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Hi I have several connections at IST in late september/beginn of october.
I am happy to help and pick up elite card for someone.
Please pm me if interested.
Old Jul 17, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
Got a 3 hour transit in IST this afternoon so I'll try and get my card printed and update current situ.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 12:53 am

Programs: BA silver
Finally got my Match via BA. anyone available to pick up please
Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:13 pm

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I will be in IST heading to IAH with TK33 on Friday August 15.

I'll be happy to help anyone to pickup your Elite/Elite+ card and post it to you (for US address), other cards are out of stock generally.

Your last statement would be great help for getting your card.

PM if you are interested.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 8:46 am

Programs: MH, CX Marco Polo Silver
Just picked up 5 cards for some folks in China right now. It only took around 5 - 10 minutes at all. On Aug 5th, I picked up two cards as well. Now I have 7 TK Elite cards in my back pack...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.