Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Hide Wikipost
Old Jun 27, 19, 11:42 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: ISTFlyer
Wiki Link
If you have recently renewed your M&S membership card or been status matched and have not yet received your new shiny card you can get one made for you at the Miles&Smiles helpdesk at IST airport.

There are three locations that you could get your card in Istanbul Airport ( IST ). Two of them are at the international departures hall ( airside ) of the terminal while the other one is at the check-in area.
You could find the respective desks at these points;

Landside:
-At Check-in island D next to the domestic Economy check-in counters of TK

Airside: ( Opening Soon, date not available )
-Near Longchamp and Montblanc, next to Plus Kitchen on the western part of the duty free area
-Across the Old Bazaar store, next to HQuick Lounge café at the eastern part of the duty free area

Currently there is no information of the operating hours of these points. When information is obtained, this section would be edited.

For directions to these desks, you could access the airport map by clicking here. Simply write "Miles&Smiles Stand" to the search area.

Be aware that a valid ID ( Turkish ID, Turkish Drivers License, Passport for Turkish citizens and Passport for all other nationalities ) must be shown to the agent at the desk. The number of the documentation must match the information on your Miles&Smiles account.
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 11, 14, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite+
Miles&Smiles Card pickup at IST [Master Thread]

Hi,
I'm arriving with TK18 in a few days and onward to HEL the day after (free hotel from TK), i was wondering whether i can go to the miles & smiles desk even though i have no connection? Is the desk inside the gate area or can I clear customs and still get the card printed?

I was upgraded to E+ a few days ago and would like to pick up my card
Old Apr 11, 14, 11:43 am

Programs: UA, TK , Starwood > Marriott
It is my understanding that there is a desk landside in addition to the airside one. However, on the day of your departure to HEL, you'll be airside anyways so you can definitely pick up your card then.
Old Apr 11, 14, 12:03 pm

Programs: HH gold, Marriott PLT, LH FTL, A3 *G, IHG Plat Ambassador, CC Gold, Mileage+ Silver, TK Elite
International Departure hall close to gate 216 (after customs and passport control). A friendly girl prints your card in two minutes.
Old Apr 11, 14, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli View Post
It is my understanding that there is a desk landside in addition to the airside one. However, on the day of your departure to HEL, you'll be airside anyways so you can definitely pick up your card then.
the reason I asked is cause the HEL departure is around 8 am and iirc the counter opens at 7.30?
Old Apr 12, 14, 7:16 am

Programs: Emirates, Thai, TK
Originally Posted by djswa007 View Post
International Departure hall close to gate 216 (after customs and passport control). A friendly girl prints your card in two minutes.
Friendly is a big word, My experience is that the desk is almost never staffed.
Old Apr 12, 14, 9:15 am

Good experience grabbing a card from there a few weeks ago just before the 7:25am departure of TK3. Took about 2 minutes and we were on our way, just handed a printout of something with the M&S number on it so she could look it up.
Old Apr 15, 14, 12:30 am

Programs: AF FB Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by airoli View Post
Yes, between the A and B check-in desks, towards the entrance of the terminal. It's a small desk, with M&S written on it. If you ask at any TK desk landside, they should be able to point it out to you.

I waited 5 mins in a small queue, handed a printed TK statement, and got my card printed in a minute
Old Apr 15, 14, 3:36 am

Programs: Many
You can also ask anyone travelling through IST to pick-up your card. That is what I have done.
Old Apr 17, 14, 12:34 am
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Mods, could this become a sticky? I see this question appear every now and then in the "status match" thread, and now that it's on its own...
Old Apr 17, 14, 7:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Le Club Accorhotels
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento View Post
Mods, could this become a sticky? I see this question appear every now and then in the "status match" thread, and now that it's on its own...
Not keen on a long list of stickies in fora but have marked it as a master thread, created a wiki and added it to the list of FAQs. I hope this helps.

starflyergold
TK M&S forum moderator
Old Apr 18, 14, 3:45 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks

Programs: Metro-North Rubbish, Keisei Skinflint, KCR Headphones, Kopaja Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold View Post
Not keen on a long list of stickies in fora but have marked it as a master thread, created a wiki and added it to the list of FAQs. I hope this helps.

starflyergold
TK M&S forum moderator
Thanks, starflyergold. That should be good enough for those on the prowl for the desk at IST.
Old Apr 19, 14, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Went on Wednesday. Printed out in a few seconds. Asked for two but declined due to lack of blank card stock!

Meant to go back before departing yesterday but forgot. So I'd better cherish this one!
Old Apr 19, 14, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
anyone passing thru IST this week...

If anyone traveling thru IST the next week is willing to help out a fellow FTer and is able to pickup my card for me please send me a PM. You would be doing me a huge favor which I would greatly appreciate, and I would definitely reimburse for any expenses involved and am willing to compensate you for your trouble. I am located in NYC for the next few weeks, so ideally someone who is traveling to the US. But if someone is willing to send it to me by post that would also work, and of course I would reimburse for any shipping costs.

Thanks

Last edited by acf1270; Apr 22, 14 at 7:11 am
Old Apr 19, 14, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Took literally under one minute. It was open prior to 7.30 (i was there around 6.45 am) - no problems. Very friendly girl who printed, no questions asked. Just showed her my BP.
Old Apr 20, 14, 4:30 am

Programs: Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Elite Plus, SAS EuroBonus Gold, American Express Platinum, Hilton Gold
So it's not possible to offer them a generous tip in exchange for a card upgrade to Elite Plus?

Or I suppose if one is unlucky they will downgrade you to Classic for trying to bribe a "uniformed officer"

Search this Thread