Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Candlelight dinner high above the clouds : new Do&Co concept

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Candlelight dinner high above the clouds : new Do&Co concept

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:16 pm

Programs: LT NoN REV
Tarkan? I rather lısten to Elıssa...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:52 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I was unimpressed with this meal service IST-IAD. It was incredibly complex with long waits between table setup and service and between courses. While the food was fine, if not spectacular, the drinks service was abominable, because they were spending so much time and effort to get the food out, the drinks were ignored. If you wanted another glass, or to change drinks, you had to ask. Flight attendants would remove glasses without offering a refill. Without significant proactivity on the part of the passenger, it was easily possible that you would eat your main course with no glass on your table at all. Some of this may be training, but I think a lot of it is time. On other European airlines, there was a drinks service with each course, without question.
TK is known to be slow with drinks, nothing to do with the candlelight service
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
So what you are telling me is that my supposition that it was timing was wrong, that it is in fact, training/service approach. Disappointing.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 11:36 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Talking

Originally Posted by SilverChris
+1
Old Nov 27, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Great photographs! I love the lounge in IST and these pictures show it off very well. I agree with you about the juices on board, very refreshing.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
I was unimpressed with this meal service IST-IAD. It was incredibly complex with long waits between table setup and service and between courses. While the food was fine, if not spectacular, the drinks service was abominable, because they were spending so much time and effort to get the food out, the drinks were ignored. If you wanted another glass, or to change drinks, you had to ask. Flight attendants would remove glasses without offering a refill. Without significant proactivity on the part of the passenger, it was easily possible that you would eat your main course with no glass on your table at all. Some of this may be training, but I think a lot of it is time. On other European airlines, there was a drinks service with each course, without question.
Standard practice with TK...I have never been offered a refill unless I request it.

Is this new service pattern just for late-night flights or for all flights? Do they still have the appetizer cart or will the appetizer be pre-plated now?

On a side note, has anyone noticed how DO & CO almost never changes the menu items. The appetizers havent changed in the past 3-4 years. Many of the entree items are just repeatedly cycled through. I understand meals being cycled for a year or two, but with such a high catering service...do they not come up with new dishes...ever?
Old Nov 28, 2013, 4:29 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Standard practice with TK...I have never been offered a refill unless I request it.

Is this new service pattern just for late-night flights or for all flights? Do they still have the appetizer cart or will the appetizer be pre-plated now?

On a side note, has anyone noticed how DO & CO almost never changes the menu items. The appetizers havent changed in the past 3-4 years. Many of the entree items are just repeatedly cycled through. I understand meals being cycled for a year or two, but with such a high catering service...do they not come up with new dishes...ever?
No more appetizer cart and I agree with you : they should come up with new dishes
Old Nov 28, 2013, 5:16 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
Same here. My last four legs with TK had terrible service. Messed up my requests 6 times out of the 8 meals were served. The breakfast menu we carefully filled in and never got our smoothies until we asked for them, etc...

The only people that are apparently impressed with this "candlelight" gimmick are certain bloggers and my 6 year old daughter.
Old Nov 30, 2013, 4:10 pm
Suspended

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by GuyverII
Same here. My last four legs with TK had terrible service. Messed up my requests 6 times out of the 8 meals were served. The breakfast menu we carefully filled in and never got our smoothies until we asked for them, etc...

The only people that are apparently impressed with this "candlelight" gimmick are certain bloggers and my 6 year old daughter.
If you realy think an incredibly tacky litle led lamp filling up your table is the greatest thing in aviation,I sugest you get one from any turkish one lira shop!!! This is very typical of the TK aproach,tacky apearance over substance.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by G_G
No more appetizer cart and I agree with you : they should come up with new dishes
No appetizer cart on any flight or only late-night departures? If it's gone completely, then so is much of the pizzazz of TK's service. The chef is pretty much useless to passengers so the cart for appetizers and dessert was a nice appearance.

I always ask for smoothies for breakfast and never receive them. Training with TK is very poor, which is sad for such an impressive lounge and seating product (on some aircraft).
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:52 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
No appetizer cart on any flight or only late-night departures?
Carts were on all my flights (morning to early evening) 2 weeks ago...
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:04 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TPJ
Carts were on all my flights (morning to early evening) 2 weeks ago...
Mine to,NRT-IST,13th nov, apetisers and cheese/desert. TK should have credit where its deserved!!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by dimmedlights
Tarkan? I rather lısten to Elıssa...
So,-what abouth Klykeria,would not mind sitting next to her!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.