FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Candlelight dinner high above the clouds : new Do&Co concept
Old Nov 27, 2013, 7:03 pm
SkyTeam777
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I was unimpressed with this meal service IST-IAD. It was incredibly complex with long waits between table setup and service and between courses. While the food was fine, if not spectacular, the drinks service was abominable, because they were spending so much time and effort to get the food out, the drinks were ignored. If you wanted another glass, or to change drinks, you had to ask. Flight attendants would remove glasses without offering a refill. Without significant proactivity on the part of the passenger, it was easily possible that you would eat your main course with no glass on your table at all. Some of this may be training, but I think a lot of it is time. On other European airlines, there was a drinks service with each course, without question.
Standard practice with TK...I have never been offered a refill unless I request it.

Is this new service pattern just for late-night flights or for all flights? Do they still have the appetizer cart or will the appetizer be pre-plated now?

On a side note, has anyone noticed how DO & CO almost never changes the menu items. The appetizers havent changed in the past 3-4 years. Many of the entree items are just repeatedly cycled through. I understand meals being cycled for a year or two, but with such a high catering service...do they not come up with new dishes...ever?