Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Family Miles (family account) [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2018, 10:47 pm

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by Lefly
Correct.
Me & husband have around 18k miles. When I requested the family account and then confirmed the miles moving, my husband 18k award miles were transferred to my account, while his status miles weren't unaffected. Beside, you can't move or spend status miles
I don't know about children age requirements.
Originally Posted by flyerby
Great! Thanks a lot
​​​​​​​I will make the request now then.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Quick question, cannot seem to find the answer on THY website.
If you make a family account and get your child's miles transferred to your account - what is the minimum age requirement for accumulating miles? 2 years? None? Going to be flying quite a bit with a toddler in the near future.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: TK M&S, LH MM, Global Entry, Hertz Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Goaguy
Quick question, cannot seem to find the answer on THY website.
If you make a family account and get your child's miles transferred to your account - what is the minimum age requirement for accumulating miles? 2 years? None? Going to be flying quite a bit with a toddler in the near future.
Just signed up my kids and I think Miles&Smiles is for people 2 years and up.
If your kid is a little younger and in his/her own seat, I’d try to sign them up anyway.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Thank you!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 1:41 pm

data point for this:

- submitted the required documents (all PP copies, marriage certificate, membership numbers and signed request) via the feedback form
- received instant canned 'feedback received' form
- e-mail stating family accounts all 'relate' to mine now arrives less than three hours later

TK IT and CS get a lot of flak, and usually deserve it, but I gotta say I'm impressed. Maybe logging in as E+ helped?
Rookie2014 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 5:18 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Same here: Once all requested documents were provided: Scans of both passports, marriage certificate in English and membership cards
I can see my wife in the my Companions area and in my wife's account she sees me as husband in her my Companions area.
Both entries are not editable like if you create a companion yourself. That is the only difference that I noticed in the Account area.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: TK Elite; IB+ Oro; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by cloudzocker
Same here: Once all requested documents were provided: Scans of both passports, marriage certificate in English and membership cards
I can see my wife in the my Companions area and in my wife's account she sees me as husband in her my Companions area.
Both entries are not editable like if you create a companion yourself. That is the only difference that I noticed in the Account area.
What path did you walk to ask for the family account? Just the support form?
How long did it take TK to merge the accounts?
Old Jul 14, 2018, 3:43 pm

Data point:
Sent in the family account request today (saturday) while logged in as an Elite member.
The family account has been confirmed within less than 4 hours. However the merge of all miles into one account had been initially requested but needs to be requested through the "previous feedback" form again.Let's see how long this will take to have all miles in one bowl.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 1:23 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+, Qatar Platinum
Originally Posted by Rookie2014

What path did you walk to ask for the family account? Just the support form?
How long did it take TK to merge the accounts?
Yes, the M&S support form.
All together 3-4 days.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by Rookie2014
Data point:
Sent in the family account request today (saturday) while logged in as an Elite member.
The family account has been confirmed within less than 4 hours. However the merge of all miles into one account had been initially requested but needs to be requested through the "previous feedback" form again.Let's see how long this will take to have all miles in one bowl.
2nd data point: Miles and Smiles transferred the miles into my "main" family account within 8 hours.
All forms have been submitted while logged in as Elite member.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: QR-G, TK-E , WY-G
As Elite member, on Saturday all requested scanned documents submitted through the support form; after few hours, I received an email "As requested,a family membership for you to use together with your other family member has been created". Logged into the website,in the personal details menu, my family members are now appearing under my companions.Quite impressed^
Old Dec 1, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by shimura
As Elite member, on Saturday all requested scanned documents submitted through the support form; after few hours, I received an email "As requested,a family membership for you to use together with your other family member has been created". Logged into the website,in the personal details menu, my family members are now appearing under my companions.Quite impressed^
Was the same for me. I wish all things worked like that when contacting TK.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 9:24 am

May I know if once the child gets to 25, are all his/her miles transferred to the parent account immediately? And are the father and mother accounts still linked together?
Old Feb 2, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite+ - Marriott Rewards Gold - Hertz 5 Stars
anyone experiencing issues wiht the family account?
with the system upgrade my account is a mess...miles are credited in weird ways and the status renewal is not correctly calculated.
also got a huge mess with the Elite+ upgrade vouchers...apparently the family memebers need to be authorized by the main account holder to get their own vouchers, and then also using them became more complicated as lots of system mistakes happen...
Old Feb 2, 2019, 10:25 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
My family application with my wife was also very quick (same day IIRC). Previous attempts using a government document recognising our de facto relationship were just ignored with no response at all. But now we're officially married it went through painlessly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.