Convert all miles into status miles

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2012, 4:31 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Convert all miles into status miles

TK have announced a new conversion tool for regular miles to status miles (at a rate 1/5 not exactly good value):

Details here
Old Jun 7, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by starflyergold
TK have announced a new conversion tool for regular miles to status miles (at a rate 1/5 not exactly good value):

Details here
just got this email. does it mean you will loose reg. miles?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:41 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Yes it does. The value is not very good. If you really need status miles, rather buy them.
By the way, Turkish is usually a bit greedy with miles transactions. It's a bit weird for instance that the status miles that you purchase are not adeed to your miles toll.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 10:43 pm

Programs: TK MS E+/*G - AFKL FB G/ST E+ - LH MM - AB TB - BWR Diamond - HHo Gold - LCA Plat - Sixt Plat
Another question: can you redeem your miles of the previous years (that are no longer status) into status miles by dividing them by five?
This is my understanding.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 12:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
It is my understanding too, that you can exchange miles earned in any year. As long as you have redeemable miles, you can convert them into status miles (up to 40k status miles)

Note that this exchange is only for those who hold the M&S branded credit card.
So the idea behind this is to make it possible to retain status even if you mostly use TK CC, and don't fly very much.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:38 am

The condition of having the credit card does not seem so mandatory. I tried to convert some miles just to see and it was possible to go until the confirmation step of the application, without this card.
Old Jun 8, 2012, 2:44 am
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

In interpreted it this way
Now you can convert miles earned through Miles&Smiles partner companies as well as your hotel stays, car rentals and credit card purchases into status miles at a rate of 1/5
Means that
Only Miles&Smiles Credit Card holders can benefit from this application.
But until someone tries we won't know.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Gold
I am in the unfortunate situation where I only need 10 more status miles to renew my card for two more years. I tried to convert 50 award miles to status miles, but alas, the system gave an error message concerning no TK credit card registered

Also, it is not possible to buy status miles for the 25000 miles needed to requalify the first year.

Any good suggestions to get 10 status miles cheap out of Oslo would be appreciated
Old Jul 17, 2012, 2:53 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by erlendag
I am in the unfortunate situation where I only need 10 more status miles to renew my card for two more years. I tried to convert 50 award miles to status miles, but alas, the system gave an error message concerning no TK credit card registered

Also, it is not possible to buy status miles for the 25000 miles needed to requalify the first year.

Any good suggestions to get 10 status miles cheap out of Oslo would be appreciated
Sounds like you have to do a mileage run. You can take a trip to CPH this weekend (Sat out, Sun return) for EUR200 all-in. Not dirt cheap but may be worth it to keep status.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 3:21 pm
Original Poster
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by erlendag
Are they really that strict? 10 miles? Most airlines are flexible withing reason.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 8:54 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R
Also this is the question for newbies, when you earn miles flying with TK or *A carriers, do you earn equal amount of award and status miles? This will help plan my trips for 2013 so I can renew Elite status within first year.

For example, using mileage calculator, if my projected miles earned are 25000 from the calculator (note: some flights are Comfort Class with added miles during Elite status, plus a few UA and TG flights, yes, the fare classes will earn 100% toward TK), will I receive the same amount of status miles for 2013?

Some airlines' FFPs will yield different award and status miles, ie, Oman Air's Sindbad miles, if you fly business class MCT-BKK, you earn 5648 status miles for all fare classes under all 3 statuses (Blue-Silver-Gold), but your Sindbad (award) miles will range from 4236 miles (D class Blue Card) up to 8472 miles (J class Gold Card). I hope TK doesn't complicate things as such.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 9:00 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / FB Platinum / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Originally Posted by vincewy
Also this is the question for newbies, when you earn miles flying with TK or *A carriers, do you earn equal amount of award and status miles? This will help plan my trips for 2013 so I can renew Elite status within first year.

For example, using mileage calculator, if my projected miles earned are 25000 from the calculator (note: some flights are Comfort Class with added miles during Elite status, plus a few UA and TG flights, yes, the fare classes will earn 100% toward TK), will I receive the same amount of status miles for 2013?

Some airlines' FFPs will yield different award and status miles, ie, Oman Air's Sindbad miles, if you fly business class MCT-BKK, you earn 5648 status miles for all fare classes under all 3 statuses (Blue-Silver-Gold), but your Sindbad (award) miles will range from 4236 miles (D class Blue Card) up to 8472 miles (J class Gold Card). I hope TK doesn't complicate things as such.
I believe it is the same # of miles.
Old Jul 17, 2012, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
Sounds like you have to do a mileage run. You can take a trip to CPH this weekend (Sat out, Sun return) for EUR200 all-in. Not dirt cheap but may be worth it to keep status.
If you have no time to travel, you can take for about 100 euros a Stuttgart-Francfort "flight" (operated by Deutsche Bahn) on Lufthsansa website.
As it is a train, there's no need to effectively "fly" the leg.
Old Jul 18, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN, TK Elite, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Frontliner
If you have no time to travel, you can take for about 100 euros a Stuttgart-Francfort "flight" (operated by Deutsche Bahn) on Lufthsansa website.
As it is a train, there's no need to effectively "fly" the leg.
Are you sure this "flight" will credit as status miles to TK?
Old Jul 18, 2012, 6:39 am

Yes I'm.
It's quite a expensive way to get status miles, though.
This topic was alredy discussed. You can search in FT archives.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.