Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SGN check in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

SGN check in

I'm flying out of SGN today on TK. How early do they open the check in counter at SGN?
Old Dec 24, 2011, 9:40 am

this is probably too late, but a week ago i took tk 68/69, and sgn opened at ~1820. Lounge was the rose cip lounge, not great but better than terminal.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gregsachs
this is probably too late, but a week ago i took tk 68/69, and sgn opened at ~1820. Lounge was the rose cip lounge, not great but better than terminal.
Thanks. Yep I got there at 615pm last night about 5 minutes before checkin was opened.

I did like the lounge but the food wasn't very tasty.

I was flying on two separate tickets award J on the SGN-BKK leg and then continuing on the same plane to IST on a paid J. It did confuse the checkin agent at first she wanted me to collect and recheck my bag in BKK. That wouldn't be pretty. But then she worked it all out and checked my bag all the way to GRU. Now as for my boarding passes I was given a BP for SGN-BKK and IST-GRU but they couldn't print one for BKK-IST for some reason. They send a note and/or called ahead to BKK for me because on this flight from SGN you have to stay on the plane of continuing to IST. When we landed in BKK there was a GA waiting at the door who took my passport and came back shortly with my new BP. It all worked out nicely and now I'm at the lounge in IST waiting for the next flight.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Hmm. I wonder who you might be. We could have been on the same flight... I was on TK 69 from BKK to IST on 23 Dec. It wasn't really a full cabin that day either.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 5:31 pm
Original Poster

I was actually flying that leg on the 24th.

Currently in the middle of SGN-BKK-IST-GRU-GIG (awaiting my flight to GIG in a lounge in GRU). That I started on the 24th.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.