Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

Urgent: Father accessing IST lounge using my Priority Pass

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat

Hello Fellas - Is it possible and ok if I give out my Priority Pass card to my dad for accessing new IST lounge? he is flying in tonight. I am asking this as I know that one can't access the lounge paying money nor my dad has a *G status. So just asking if it is possible?

thank you.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by tintin_007
Hello Fellas - Is it possible and ok if I give out my Priority Pass card to my dad for accessing new IST lounge? he is flying in tonight. I am asking this as I know that one can't access the lounge paying money nor my dad has a *G status. So just asking if it is possible?

thank you.
Your father can enter the Prime Class lounge with money.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

thank you.
TK's IST lounge is not part of Priority Pass.

So no, he can't enter.

Try one of the other paid lounges.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:01 pm
fadynaime

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
2 lounges at IST will accept priority pass (Turkish airlines lounge will not accept it).

every other lounge at IST will let you in for a fee (again Turkish airlines lounge will not allow that).

only way to get into the Turkish Airlines lounge is by *G or business class ticket (departing IST)
Old Dec 2, 2011, 1:10 am
tcm

For your information guys, the prime class lounge is currently undergoing renovations and should be closed for the next 2-3 months.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yeah, everyone has to up their game now, I even noticed that the Millenium lounge which was renovated not that long ago, now has a real food offering at certain times, while before it was total and utter garbage!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Its funny how as recently as six months ago BA went from having perhaps the best lounge offering at IST to in the next six months probably having the worst!
Old Dec 2, 2011, 3:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

thank you.
It does not matter in this situation, but the general answer is NO you may not give your Priority Pass card to another person to use for airline lounge access.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: *S, UA, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz, Avis, Amex Plat
All thank you very much for your responses. Appreciate it.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 4:31 pm
fadynaime

Originally Posted by tcm
For your information guys, the prime class lounge is currently undergoing renovations and should be closed for the next 2-3 months.
So is this mean that the HSBC lounge is getting extremely crowded? and have i wasted my money or this year on priority pass and should go to any other lounge at IST (except of course Turkish Airlines)
Old Dec 2, 2011, 5:57 pm
tcm

Originally Posted by fadynaime
So is this mean that the HSBC lounge is getting extremely crowded? and have i wasted my money or this year on priority pass and should go to any other lounge at IST (except of course Turkish Airlines)
You will find that all lounges are crowded in IST most of the time. The HSBC lounge is a decent option. You might also try the Garanti lounge downstairs from the food court, I don't know whether it is accessible with the Priority Pass though.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 12:31 am
fadynaime

Originally Posted by tcm
You will find that all lounges are crowded in IST most of the time. The HSBC lounge is a decent option. You might also try the Garanti lounge downstairs from the food court, I don't know whether it is accessible with the Priority Pass though.
thanks TCM. I've used both prime class and HSBC before and they weren't that bad. but now if there is one less, that traffic will be divided upon the other lounges. so I just wanted to check

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.