Wiki Posts
Search

Flight and baggage delayed

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:16 pm
Original Poster

Flight and baggage delayed

Greetings,
Back in July I took a flight from Sochi, Russia to Istanbul with a same day onward connection to Erzurum. The first flight was scheduled to depart at 04:20 am but left one hour late because of 1 or 2 straggling passengers. My scheduled IST connection time was ~1½ hours and I had to get an immigration entry sticker so I was really worried about missing the Erzurum flight. During the first flight there was an announcement about whether the baggage goes through customs in IST or the final destination if connecting domestically in Turkey. I asked a flight attendant about whether Erzurum has it's own customs inspection and she asked someone else then told me yes.

We managed to make up ½ hour in the air but IST immigration was very slow and I made my connection with about 2 minutes to spare. On the second flight I read the in-flight magazine and learned to my chagrin that Erzurum does not, in fact, conduct customs inspections so I figured my luggage was then sitting on the IST carousel. Needless to say, when I got to ERZ my bag was not there. Someone from baggage services (oddly separate from the airline) called IST and found out my bag was in IST customs but it would not be flown out til the following day so I had to spend an unplanned day and night in Erzurum which is nice enough but I had to be someplace else.

I sent an email to TK customer service ~3 weeks ago and have gotten no response. I plan on flying this route again next summer. Is it worth calling in an attempt to get a travel voucher (50€, I don't know) for the hassle? 100€ would be ideal as that is the exact price of the promotional fare.

Cheers.

Jon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.