Community
Wiki Posts
Search

777-300ER power socket

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

777-300ER power socket

TA website says the power ports are 110v on the 777 but does not say what configuration. Is the socket a Europlug? I'm flying out of LAX and my electronic devices are from North America. Will I need an adapter to fit into onboard power ports? Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: UA1K
TK 777-300ER Plug Types

I just flew back from IST to LAX on Nov 22, 2011. Looking at my cabin pictures, I see the plug that you may be referring to is round, about 1/4" in diameter. I did not actually use the plug so I can't tell if you power was live at the receptacle. I can say with certainty that an iPhone or equivalent device can be plugged in to another outlet just above the round plug receptacle to keep that device battery charged. And yet another plug receptacle seemed to be for plugging in an internet cable but I did not try that either, and I recall that the AVOD screen indicated that that particular capability was coming in the future.
Old Nov 26, 2011, 3:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
The power socket in BC and CC takes US, UK and European cables. Don't know configuration in Y
Old Nov 27, 2011, 7:22 am

Just flew LAX-IST-LAX on the 77W in Y - there are regular jacks that will take different plugs as CAlex mentioned - looks like there are 2 plugs for each 3-seat section.

There's also USB, Ethernet, and serial cable connections on the seatback, but not sure what the latter 2 are used for at the moment. The USB charged my iPhone just fine, but the connectivity to the IFE was not working on either flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.