Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anadolu = TK for Staralliance Partner??

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by ELAL
5 years on:

I'm flying Anadolu internationally (TLV-SAW-AMS), any idea if *G benefits are applied (both in TLV and SAW)?
No, you would not get any of your *G benefits in AnadoluJet. Just an extra baggage allowance if you are TK*G.
Although, no contract lounge access, no priority seating, no fast track, etc...
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, IC Plat Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
No, you would not get any of your *G benefits in AnadoluJet. Just an extra baggage allowance if you are TK*G.
Although, no contract lounge access, no priority seating, no fast track, etc...
TK Elite+ get access to TK lounges (not sure if plain Elites do) when on Anadolu flights.
Old Sep 15, 2020, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by tobegold
TK Elite+ get access to TK lounges (not sure if plain Elites do) when on Anadolu flights.
Not any more. Elite Plus members pay the discounted rates that Elite members pay. Non-TK*G members are however still welcome to use lounges with one guest when flying on AnadoluJet.
https://www.anadolujet.com/en/travel...ssenger-lounge

From the other thread;
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
Did this end up actually happening? Lounge access is still mentioned as an Elite Plus benefit on the website, and I'm curious if I'll be denied leaving ESB next week.
PVDtoDEL , were you admitted to the TK Lounge in ESB when flying with AnadoluJet? Thanks for reporting back.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 5:53 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
PVDtoDEL , were you admitted to the TK Lounge in ESB when flying with AnadoluJet? Thanks for reporting back.
Unfortunately, I ended up in VAN instead of ESB, so wasn't able to test it.
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:26 pm

Anadolu carrier (booked under TK official website) vs. TK carrier

Conlusion: the only benifit for *G (non-TK member) is that the checked baggage allowance is the same as flying TK carriers ? both on domestic and international ?

no fast track means i have to wait a long line to get a boarding pass at the check-in counter ?

I see a domestic flight IST - ADB (TK carrier) vs SAW - ADB (it looks Anadolu only operates at SAW ?)
USD $ 10 difference on one-way

an internatioanl 3-4 hours flight TK carrier vs Anadolu carrier $100 fare difference one-way
Is the TK carrier really worth it?
Old Sep 27, 2020, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ballerinajz
Anadolu carrier (booked under TK official website) vs. TK carrier

Conlusion: the only benifit for *G (non-TK member) is that the checked baggage allowance is the same as flying TK carriers ? both on domestic and international ?

no fast track means i have to wait a long line to get a boarding pass at the check-in counter ?

I see a domestic flight IST - ADB (TK carrier) vs SAW - ADB (it looks Anadolu only operates at SAW ?)
USD $ 10 difference on one-way

an internatioanl 3-4 hours flight TK carrier vs Anadolu carrier $100 fare difference one-way
Is the TK carrier really worth it?
For a domestic flight departing from an airport other than ESB, you would have no *G privilege other than extra baggage allowance when flying AnadoluJet.
For a domestic flight departing from ESB, you would have access to the Turkish Airlines Domestic Lounge access at ESB + the extra baggage allowance.

Also no priority check-in when flying with AnadoluJet however if there is a TK flight departing at the same time, you could use the TK Business Class counters. You may get a priority baggage tag on your baggage but on AJA flights bags generally come in a random order.

By the way, at most airports in Turkey you could also get a mobile boarding pass or use the kiosks if you would like to skip the check-in counter and do not have baggage to check.

And it's also true that TK has stopped flying from SAW after the pandemic. All flights from SAW are on AnadoluJet metal.

For your international question, the soft product between TK international Economy and AnadoluJet international is currently the same. However, Turkish Airlines aircraft have IFE, power outlets, USB ports, and some do have Wi-Fi ( non-TK *G members need to pay for it ). Also on AnadoluJet you would not able to access international contract lounges while on TK you would be able to access them.
Old Sep 28, 2020, 2:25 am

Thank you, ISTflyer.

For the international flights, what do you mean by the soft product ?

My main concern:
1. checked baggage allowance no difference: I'm assuming that AnadoluJet with the same baggage allowance as TK can have higher weight limit than other airlines?
2. priority check-in (int. flight needs to show the passport for check-in)
3. lounge access for intl. depature

Since United already extended the elite status for the next year, I don't need to get elite miles for the rest of 2020.

Last edited by ballerinajz; Sep 28, 2020 at 2:32 am
Old Sep 28, 2020, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ballerinajz
Thank you, ISTflyer.

For the international flights, what do you mean by the soft product ?

My main concern:
1. checked baggage allowance no difference: I'm assuming that AnadoluJet with the same baggage allowance as TK can have higher weight limit than other airlines?
2. priority check-in (int. flight needs to show the passport for check-in)
3. lounge access for intl. depature

Since United already extended the elite status for the next year, I don't need to get elite miles for the rest of 2020.
What I was mentioning as soft-product is the service onboard. In both TK and AJA Economy Class the onboard service is the same.

For your concerns.

1- For non-TK*G's, there is a +20kg bag allowance on both carriers. However, the base baggage allowance could depend on which TK and AJA operate and this differs from route by route.

2- AnadoluJet does not offer priority check-in for *G's ( including TK elites ), however, if you are at an outstation with a TK aircraft departing at the same time slot, you could use the TK Business Check-in counters for an AJA flight.

As you mentioned SAW before, there is no priority check-in at SAW.

By the way, there is no requirement that you would need to show the passport at check-in ( unless traveling to some countries ); if you don't have any checked baggage ( including carry-on to check ), they could also verify your documents at the gate podium.

3- At AnadoluJet you would be only able to access lounges operated by Star Alliance with your United *G card. No contract ( third-party lounges ). For example, you could use the Lufthansa Senator Lounge when flying FRA-SAW; however, not the lounge that TK contracts at Dubai for their own passengers when flying DXB-SAW.

Again, as you mentioned SAW, the TK International Lounge in SAW is currently closed so no lounge access on SAW departures. If you have PriorityPass, there is another lounge but the offerings are mediocre over there.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club (Gold), Aegean M+B (Gold), Hilton Honors Gold, Mariott Bonvoy Gold Elite
Just came back from a VIE-SAW-VIE roundtrip on flights operated by Anadolujet.

Star Alliance Gold benefits are zero. No Priority, no lounge if you're flying out of SAW (due to lounge being closed), no priority luggage tags etc.

Priority was more like a workaround by booking a last row seat so I could get on the plane among the first passengers

Overall, the flight was orderly and fine, though.
Old May 7, 2021, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Askin001
Just came back from a VIE-SAW-VIE roundtrip on flights operated by Anadolujet.

Star Alliance Gold benefits are zero. No Priority, no lounge if you're flying out of SAW (due to lounge being closed), no priority luggage tags etc.

Priority was more like a workaround by booking a last row seat so I could get on the plane among the first passengers

Overall, the flight was orderly and fine, though.
What about the OS lounge in VIE?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:23 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
The only way to earn miles from Anadolu is to credit to TK Miles & Smiles, right? No other *A member will credit anything?
Old Sep 14, 2021, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
The only way to earn miles from Anadolu is to credit to TK Miles & Smiles, right? No other *A member will credit anything?
You would earn miles on some *A partner FFP's such as Lufthansa Miles&More and United MileagePlus when flying AnadoluJet.
escape4 likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 8:24 am

I'm flying DXB-SAW on Anadolujet as a LH*G, am I allowed the extra 20kg of baggage, even when in the booking confirmation it says 0kg included (ticket bought on turkishairlines)?
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by xljost
I'm flying DXB-SAW on Anadolujet as a LH*G, am I allowed the extra 20kg of baggage, even when in the booking confirmation it says 0kg included (ticket bought on turkishairlines)?
any answer to this? flying DUS-SAW and according to turkish rep he told that star alliance gold members can use the extra luggage benefits however upon entering united gold number on the reservation it doesn't recognize any status.Appreciate the answer.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by nobles1
any answer to this? flying DUS-SAW and according to turkish rep he told that star alliance gold members can use the extra luggage benefits however upon entering united gold number on the reservation it doesn't recognize any status.Appreciate the answer.
Wrong information.

The +20 kg benefit is valid for TK elite/+ memebers, not for *A gold members.

https://www.turkishairlines.com/en-i...ge-calculator/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.