FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles-641/)
-   -   Anadolu = TK for Staralliance Partner?? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turkish-airlines-miles-smiles/1280368-anadolu-tk-staralliance-partner.html)

tobegold Nov 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Anadolu = TK for Staralliance Partner??

Is Anadolu considered part of TK by Star Alliance (notably Air Canada?). Anadolu's flights are all TK numbered. Does Anadolu recognise star gold status (extra baggage allowance) and would I get lounge access?

Thanks,
Tobegold

N1120A Nov 15, 2011 5:57 pm

From what I can tell, Anadolu operates like a regional carrier in North America, so you should be entitled to full benefits.

Fims Nov 16, 2011 1:56 am

AFAIK at least lounge access is not allowed with *G or even TK Elite or Elite Plus statuses when on Anadolu. Also less booking classes generate any miles:
http://www.turkishairlines.com/en-IN...ablosu_aj.aspx

tobegold Nov 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks for the info & links. assuming that Anadolu is counted as TK then the flex tickets which book into T on domestic should earn on AC at 70% of minimum mileage. TK flex books into S and also gets 70%. Promo fares get zilch. This is when looking at next September fares.

mecabq Nov 19, 2011 12:12 am

I don't think so. It seems analogous to SilkAir and SQ, unfortunately.

moeser Nov 20, 2011 2:01 am

The miles you'll earn are not depending on the TK Flight No. but on the operating carrier.
Hence that Anadolu is no *A member.
You'll earn no EQMs and may be disappointed with the Bonus Miles.

mecabq Nov 20, 2011 9:00 am

Originally Posted by moeser (Post 17483926)
The miles you'll earn are not depending on the TK Flight No. but on the operating carrier.
Hence that Anadolu is no *A member.
You'll earn no EQMs and may be disappointed with the Bonus Miles.

True, but there are other examples -- NH operated by Air Japan, UA operated by various "United Express" carriers -- in which the flight is treated as a *A flight. So if you flew Anadolujet with a TK flight number, maybe you'd get lucky and get credit on a *A member program.

But, as I mentioned in my previous post, I agree with moeser and think that it is considered a separate airline so you wouldn't get credit.

Valley_MUC Nov 20, 2011 10:52 am

Originally Posted by mecabq (Post 17478925)
I don't think so. It seems analogous to SilkAir and SQ, unfortunately.

Correct.

PVDtoDEL Nov 21, 2011 12:32 am

Can you buy the flight directly from Andolu? If you can, then you probably won't get miles. If you can't, then you probably will get miles...

tobegold Nov 22, 2011 12:45 pm

Thanks for all of the replies. As I am looking at 5 or 6 domestic flights within Turkey and all at 500mile minimums (prorated down on AC to 350 miles) will not be a big deal if I do not get miles given the fare differences between currently available Anadolu promo fares and TK and Anadolu flex fares. Main concern now would be on baggage allowance on Anadolu given no *G benefits and resulting baggage fees. If I get miles it will be a nice bonus.

Flights can be booked directly with Anadolu, but all have TK flight #'s and booking site is identical to TK apart from Anadolu instead of TK being on page. Anadolu is low cost company founded and owned by TK operating flights on behalf of TK. So whether it is treated along the lines of Silk Air of SQ or a regional carrier ala United Express or maybe as Ted with UA is yet to be determined for sure unless anybody has actully flown Anadolu and had miles post to accounts other than TK's program.

LH747FTL Nov 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Yes they have TK flight numbers but i'm 99,9% sure no benefits or miles to Star.

For miles, it's a matter of excluding the AHY flight number range, of course there may be a Star carrier who have not programmed that properly but don't get your hopes up.

jerryhung Apr 28, 2015 9:49 pm

sorry for bumping this

Is this still the case as of 2015? No *G benefits on TK flight # but AHY metal?

siberslava May 2, 2015 9:17 pm

Non-TK *G do get domestic lounge access on anadolujet flights. http://www.anadolujet.com/aj-tr/corp...aspx?aid=23570

It is in Turkish but says *G members have free access and are allowed one guest. This does not apply to TK members who still have to pay to use the lounge. however, the person in charge of letting you into the lounge will probably feign ignorance and try to charge you the 30 TL fee.

ELAL Sep 14, 2020 11:12 pm

5 years on:

I'm flying Anadolu internationally (TLV-SAW-AMS), any idea if *G benefits are applied (both in TLV and SAW)?

gr8pirate Sep 15, 2020 2:00 am

I don’t have a clue (although I hope TLV shows up on one of my boarding passes soon), but wish you a great trip and take my hat off to you for not starting a new thread.