Wiki Posts
Search

One Night in Istanbul

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2011, 6:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: CM PP DL GM
One Night in Istanbul

I have some questions because after reading some of the posit I am not clear.
1. I have a connection of over 24 hours in J class does TK gives a hotel to me is a long layover because of avaliable space
2 can I pay for the full tour that TK offers in case they don't give it to for being over 24 hours my layover
3 how far is the airport from downtown
4 can check in my lougage in the morning for a night flight or is there storage for luggage while I go on the tour
5 are there any trip reports on the IST to BKK route with how is the service

Thank you
Old Oct 31, 2011, 10:07 pm

Programs: UACO Plat/1K, DL Plat, Hertz 5*, Avis - PC, SPG Gold, Colorado Pass
Originally Posted by MARIOCASTRO777
1. I have a connection of over 24 hours in J class does TK gives a hotel to me is a long layover because of avaliable space
2 can I pay for the full tour that TK offers in case they don't give it to for being over 24 hours my layover
4 can check in my lougage in the morning for a night flight or is there storage for luggage while I go on the tour

Thank you
1. I don't think over 24 hours unless it was forced. The time I was there some man was denied because his layover was over 24 hours, I believe.
2. Not sure.
3. 20km or 30mins or 35-40 TL to Sultanahmet.
4. Not sure, but I think a storage locker is right next to the transit hotel desk.
5. Don't know.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 8:37 am

Thank you
1) Only if there is no other ( faster ) connection available.If not,they state that they will pay hotel & tour.

2) Ask at the hotel desk or take a metro to Sultanhamet and pick a guide there.Prices are negotiable.

3) If you're taking a Taxi it depends very much on the traffic and your driver

4) You can store your luggage in the tour bus or at the airport.

5) The internet is your friend
Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: UA, VX, AA
If the airline doesn't pay for the tour, most of the major attractions are within easy walking distance of each other. I would also agree with taking public transportation.. the backup can get very time consuming in a cab entering the Sultanhamet at certain times and days.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Thank You all

Now if they don't give an idea of hotel just to sleep a little and freshen up near the airport
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:53 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
If Friday or Saturday night layover, two words:

TAKSIM SQUARE

Enjoy.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Well is a Saturday night but I get in at 10 pm and actually I will have my 65 year old aunt with so I want to rest more than party.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Renaissance Polat and Cinar are 5mins/YTL12 from the airport and perfectly acceptable places to rest a while.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:23 am

Well is a Saturday night but I get in at 10 pm and actually I will have my 65 year old aunt with so I want to rest more than party.
I assume that you're both in J.I this case you both are eligible to apply for a relax room at TKs CIP Lounge and you can also use the new shower facilities.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.