Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Different 777 from LAX-IST?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Different 777 from LAX-IST? Best business class seat?

It appears that TK is switching the 777 that if flies from LAX-IST. The original was version #1 that was leased from Jet Airways. Now they will be using version #2.

The business class configuration in version #2 looks less comfortable, going 2-3-2, rather than herringbone 1-1-1-1. Any recommendations on business class seat selection? Looks like a lot of climbing over people to get out...

Thanks.

Last edited by FlyMore888; Sep 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm Reason: Broader title
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by FlyMore888
It appears that TK is switching the 777 that if flies from LAX-IST. The original was version #1 that was leased from Jet Airways. Now they will be using version #2.

The business class configuration in version #2 looks less comfortable, going 2-3-2, rather than herringbone 1-1-1-1. Any recommendations on business class seat selection? Looks like a lot of climbing over people to get out...

Thanks.
It has been always the new 777 with Eco, Comfort and Business. Having flown both, the herringbone and the new config i think the new config is better. Tested the middle seat when the load was quite low and it was perfectly roomy and had space even when im not the smallest guy. Overally one of the best products out on the market.
Old Sep 19, 2011, 10:29 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
So no more suites at all on TK IST-LAX? AC hit me with a schedule change on my LH flight, I am losing all sorts of nice F seats and this is all that is open
Old Sep 20, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by b8b
So no more suites at all on TK IST-LAX? AC hit me with a schedule change on my LH flight, I am losing all sorts of nice F seats and this is all that is open
The seat itself is perfectly fine and comfortable (I had it on the A333). I did find it a bit tedious to get a nice cradle position for watching movies or so, but that's a minor issue. It is fully flat and food is good. I would not be worried at all chosing TK product on this route.
Old Sep 20, 2011, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by b8b
There hasn't been F on this route. Not now or before.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Still looking for seat recommendations in business class in the 777 2-3-2 configuration (from LAX-IST).

Thanks again.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:05 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Just took this flight on Thursday evening, and was in 4D. Here's my take:

Row 1 - too close to the rather noisy FAs, especially when it comes to preparing food and drinks.
Row 4 - close to the galley and BC+CC toilets, although limited traffic.

If I will take this flight again I would choose 3A+3B if travelling with a partner, 3A if I would travel solo, and the middle 3rd row if travelling with a party of 3 (family). Every window seat has access to 4 windows.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by CAlex

Row 1 - too close to the rather noisy FAs, especially when it comes to preparing food and drinks.

If I will take this flight again I would choose 3A+3B if travelling with a partner, 3A if I would travel solo, and the middle 3rd row if travelling with a party of 3 (family). Every window seat has access to 4 windows.
It seems that the action happens in the right side of the galley mostly. There is sleeping room or whatever is called on the left side so 1A + 1B are not affected so much by noise/traffic.

I have had pleasure to get whole row to myself in third row and it was just fantastic. Even when im not the smallest guy i wouldn't feel cramped if there were people sitting both sides of me.

If i were to choose i would get 1A or 2AB JK or 3AB JK.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:33 am
tcm

Anything but a middle seat. I prefer 4 A/B or J/K as TK tends to leave the last rows open unless anyone specifically asks for them. I still curse the day TK decided to go 2-3-2 on their new J product. I was lucky to fly on flights with poor loads lately So I choose one seat as a bed another for eating and lounging Just like the TK ad :

Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:04 am

Originally Posted by tcm
Anything but a middle seat. I prefer 4 A/B or J/K as TK tends to leave the last rows open unless anyone specifically asks for them. I still curse the day TK decided to go 2-3-2 on their new J product. I was lucky to fly on flights with poor loads lately So I choose one seat as a bed another for eating and lounging Just like the TK ad :

That's like the new LH F-Class for about 25% of their price ^
Ok,no FCT and no Limousine Service though I could perfectly live with that
Old Nov 6, 2011, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by moeser
That's like the new LH F-Class for about 25% of their price ^
Ok, no FCT and no Limousine Service though I could perfectly live with that
You could hire your own limousine and still come out ahead!
Old Nov 6, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: LANPass Black, TK*G, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex

So compared to row 1 you think row 4 is still the better choice ? It seems like the toilets are not directly behind row 4 but in front of the Y+ cabin, so what about noise/light there ? We are a party of four and at the moment, the only choice is one of the rows mentioned before...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:39 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I was in 4D, and was afraid of high noise. There was though very limited traffic, toilets not right behind be, and could get very good sleep. I could hear more noise coming from the front of the plane than from behind me (cutlery, glass, bottles, chatting, etc). As a party of 4 on LAX-IST, I would go for 1AB + AJK, this was everybody has some access to the windows

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.