Search

Miles calculation for flight from IST-bey

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 1:46 am
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
Miles calculation for flight from IST-bey

This is the first time I use my miles for upgrade. Here is some details of what happened. I bought my ticket lax-IST-bey as a cc ticket. The IST-bey portion was on Eco. Miles fro that segment on Eco is 605 (lower than last year). The tk site shows that comfort class for such segment is worth 756 miles.
R the miles calculated based on the seat or the total ticket I bought.

Also I used miles to upgrade that seat to business. Do I only get the Eco/cc miles or do I get the business miles?

Thanks for the help.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by fadynaime
This is the first time I use my miles for upgrade. Here is some details of what happened. I bought my ticket lax-IST-bey as a cc ticket. The IST-bey portion was on Eco. Miles fro that segment on Eco is 605 (lower than last year). The tk site shows that comfort class for such segment is worth 756 miles.
R the miles calculated based on the seat or the total ticket I bought.

Also I used miles to upgrade that seat to business. Do I only get the Eco/cc miles or do I get the business miles?

Thanks for the help.
Your post is a bit confusing but i try to answer your questions. Check your ticket, if theres BEY-IST & IST-BEY in economy you will earn economy miles. IST-LAX & LAX-IST you earn CC-miles.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:25 pm
fadynaime
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Miles&Smlies, Jet Blue, Platinum medallion, Marriott Gold
On my ticket it shows IST-bey on j. The boarding pass issued in lax shows it as y. Same as the return.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by fadynaime
On my ticket it shows IST-bey on j. The boarding pass issued in lax shows it as y. Same as the return.
Economy-miles then in my opinion if you bought the cheapest CC ticket. There are however CC-tickets that can have J connecting flights to IST and CC-longhaul.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.