Wiki Posts
Search

738 configurations

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA *G MM
738 configurations

I have a ticket in Y booking class. They let me pick seats probably because I have a Y class ticket. (Or does TK normally allow advanced seat res in eco for "intra Europe"?) On the return I did a *A upgrade but not avail on outbound.

My first flight has eco up to row 4 with a 2+2 C class. Seatguru mentions configurations with 4 and 5 rows in C class but not one with 3 rows.

Both are listed as Boeing 738s.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

My experience today and some quick research tells me that all 738s on Euro routes are the Euro config (movable divider) with blocked middle seat.

Seatguru is wrong. If you don't see 5 rows of C class then it's definitely not a flight with large seats.

My next flight is the return of the one I took today and they have 4 rows of business in a convertible cabin.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:28 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
737-800 are the running horse for most european flights and it is been ages they have the same configuration in C class.
There is just a divider which moves according to demand, and a middle seat blocked that is it. I always get 1D or 1C just for the freedom to move and get in and out fast.
Ok if you are doing up to a couple of hours but on longer routes such LON- LIS -DUB it is impossible to bear with it....
at the same time that is what is in the market with many other carriers.
You have to be very lucky to get those new seats on Airbus ....with Tk there is no stability in terms of aircrafts assignments....
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:48 am
Original Poster

What confused was the bad information on Seatguru. It is a few years since I flew TK. I thought maybe that they upgraded their shorthaul business class as part of launching its new image as the top airline of Europe, etc.

So it's the same old product that you see all over Europe. At least the food and drink is better than the European airlines.

In my case the flight time is 3 hours from IST to Stockholm, so it's a long flight.

I agree that 1C or 1D are the best but the legroom to the bulkhead is tight, so many people may not like this.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 9:22 am

Programs: TK Miles &Smile Elite, Star Alliance Gold
Originally Posted by gnaget
What confused was the bad information on Seatguru. It is a few years since I flew TK. I thought maybe that they upgraded their shorthaul business class as part of launching its new image as the top airline of Europe, etc.

So it's the same old product that you see all over Europe. At least the food and drink is better than the European airlines.

In my case the flight time is 3 hours from IST to Stockholm, so it's a long flight.

I agree that 1C or 1D are the best but the legroom to the bulkhead is tight, so many people may not like this.
You are right what makes the real difference on TK is a better Food offering a nice printed men with some great selections. Unfortunately the beverages are a bit under the standards...
Bulkhead seats can be seen as limited legroom tough I doubt the back has many 1" more however i find more privacy as I often had the chance to have the all row empty. And you get your meals and drinks first...TK starts service from the very front of the cabin,,,,and nonetheless you get off the plane very fast
Old Aug 9, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
There are at least 3 configs. One with 5 rows of fixed 2-2 J, they have 8 aircraft and I have often got this intra-europe.

One has black convertible seats like older 320s.

One has turquoise convertible seats.

As for meals, my latest Euro flight I was alone and they had loaded 4+2 hot food options, apparently 2 no shows though but that's double the number of required meals anyway.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:11 pm

Picture of one of these 5row configurations (courtesy of jacob_m):

and another one with better overall view:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingo...-42443244@N00/

Last edited by joorinainen; Aug 9, 2011 at 5:30 pm
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:22 am
Original Poster

Thanks. I recall flying the turquoise configuration once on a domestic flight. I think it had nicer seats with more legroom in the front 10 rows or so. From the photo here it looks like the 2-2 seating also has this black and turquoise color scheme.

My flight IST-ARN flight had a dated looking cabin and the convertible seats were navy blue (dark blue) faux leather. The first 737-800s entered service in 1997/8 so this plane must have been one of the earliest.

But it is clear that Seatguru is wrong, claiming a 4 row 2-2 configuration? My flight next week ARN-IST has four rows of C so it definitely is a convertible cabin.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 2:48 am

Programs: Mucci des canapes, Skywards Gold, BAEC, IC Plat Amb, LH FTV
Flying J from LHR to IST and then on to Dushanbe and back. One leg (LHR - IST) is on the airbus which I understand will be large seats. The others are all 738. Am I correct in assuming that the other 3 flights will be on planes with either the 2+2 configuration or the less desirable 3 + 3 with middle seat blocked? Does anyone know if they tend to using one type more frequently on the Dushanbe route (other airlines I have flown to central Asia with often seem to use their oldest planes on these routes...)
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:12 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Agree the turquoise seats have great legroom in front rows. The dark seats look better but really aren't.

Row 6 is great in Y on the fixed J config.

IST-DUY, who knows what's assigned. In my case the fixed C thing usually came from Africa, did a Euro run, and returned to Africa at night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.