Wiki Posts
Search

F class reward JFX-IST-BKK

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
F class reward JFX-IST-BKK

Hi guys, Im hoping you can help.. Im booking a trip from JFK-IST (for a 5 day vacation) and wanted to know if the free transfers by limo are included for *A award point bookings?
Old Sep 26, 2010, 8:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan,Alaska,Airmiles
they are supposed to be included for award bookings. This what I have been told, I have yet to book my transfer.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY Plat, Accor Plat
fantastic. thanks for the fast response. i look forward to hearing about your success
Old Sep 27, 2010, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by kelix
Hi guys, Im hoping you can help.. Im booking a trip from JFK-IST (for a 5 day vacation) and wanted to know if the free transfers by limo are included for *A award point bookings?
Yes, transfers are included, OR, a hotel room if you have a long layover.
Old Sep 28, 2010, 3:27 pm

Programs: US CP
I just had the free pick up yesterday morning on an award first class ticket. Can't say enough about how nice it was to be picked up, met, have all our bags taken care of including the hand luggage, and then after our own private passport control, a ride to the prime lounge in IST where my breakfast awaited at a reserved table. Finally personally whisked to the gate, where we had a wonderful flight back to JFK.... Ahhhh, there was a good reason indeed to endure all those US flights to be able to use my miles for this....! ^
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG
Just took JFK-IST award flight in F on the 77W, and I must say that I'm blown away. The onboard service, food and suite rivaled SQ F, and I think I actually prefer it.

The ground services aria en't as good but TK F still worth it.

One glitch in IST is that when I arrived there was no transfer buggy, and asking the TK staff at the end of the jetway, was directed to customs, which I realized afterwards was a mistake. I should have requested the buggy service again or had them call a "Prime" representative. So even though I had a fast track pass for customs it still took an hour from arrival until I shlepped around and found my was to the F check in counter to get my car transfer to the hotel. They were pretty mortified that they failed in the service but I told them it was ok. The limo transfer was quickly arranged and this didn't blemish the experience much at all.

Can't wait to do this again. . .
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Where2next?
Just took JFK-IST award flight in F on the 77W, and I must say that I'm blown away. The onboard service, food and suite rivaled SQ F, and I think I actually prefer it.

The ground services aria en't as good but TK F still worth it.

One glitch in IST is that when I arrived there was no transfer buggy, and asking the TK staff at the end of the jetway, was directed to customs, which I realized afterwards was a mistake. I should have requested the buggy service again or had them call a "Prime" representative. So even though I had a fast track pass for customs it still took an hour from arrival until I shlepped around and found my was to the F check in counter to get my car transfer to the hotel. They were pretty mortified that they failed in the service but I told them it was ok. The limo transfer was quickly arranged and this didn't blemish the experience much at all.

Can't wait to do this again. . .
My thoughts exactly. I actually think that TK F defeats SQ First and Suites (and it's hard for me to say it since I love SQ) in all categories, except service... THY's cabin crews can be quite inconsistent.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
TK F is really cool

TK F is really cool - took it soem 5 times and was blown away all the times

except for a conversation with the TK staff - their English is quite limited but they are earger to help out

enjoy it (incl one limousine transfer)
Old Oct 10, 2010, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by fly747first
My thoughts exactly. I actually think that TK F defeats SQ First and Suites (and it's hard for me to say it since I love SQ) in all categories, except service... THY's cabin crews can be quite inconsistent.
Hmm really? Haven't had a chance to try SQ F but that's one of the airlines I am most looking forward to trying if/when I get a chance.

As for TK F Yes it's great but like noted here overall service can be a bit inconsistent. I was in F JFK-IST last year and had good in flight service for the most part. On my next leg IST-BKK I was the only one in the F cabin and well that was great, didn't have to wait for anything. Didn't think much of it at the time until I was once again on the JFK-IST in F back in May. I was originally in J but my seat was broken so I was op'd up to F. That was great and I was very happy to be in F but unlike my previous 2 flights when the cabin was 4/8 and 1/8 this time it was 7/8 (with me) and I was the only non Turkish person in the cabin. I know I was only in F due to a broken seat so not sure if it had anything to do with it or with the fact that I was the only one that couldn't speak Turkish but the service wasn't even close to being F quality. Took forever to get drinks. Had to ask for refills and multiple times since FAs would forget and not bring them to me, etc. Having said that I would still fly TK F in a heart beat based on the hard product and food quality alone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.