Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Turkish Airlines | Miles&Smiles
Reload this Page >

First class- IST to JFK, how long will it remain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver

I see some chatter about Turkish not continuing the first class product on long haul. Is there any information about when they plan to remove this product?
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:52 pm

From other threads I have gathered that TK has new 777s on order, without F class suites, and that they will gradually displace the 9W (Jet Airways) 777s with F class suites. They are arriving one per month. I have also read that the new planes will be used for Hajj charters until December 2010.

But:
1. I have not read any references or solid evidence for the above information, so take it with a grain of salt (as with everything on the Internet!)
2. I cannot find any schedule as to the actual dates when the 9W 777s might be disappearing.

I have a J flight on a 737 and an F flight on a 777 next Feb, so I hope to find more solid information (if such information exists - TK seems remarkably fluid in their equipment!)
Old Jun 22, 2010, 11:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I strongly doubt that they would use their brand new a/c for Haj charters.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
I strongly doubt that they would use their brand new a/c for Haj charters.
I agree it seems odd, but:

Turkish expects to receive its first new 777 in September and roughly one additional aircraft will be delivered every month until all 12 are received. Turkish plans to wait until December to use any of these aircraft on scheduled routes because the aircraft can initially be more profitably deployed on Hajj charters.
http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...-december.html
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I ahve also read that they are looking at 2-3 a/c this year starting in mid October, so they may have a grand total of one ready to roll for Haj. COnsidering the fact that TK barely has enough flight crews right now to fly 777's, I would assume that if they utilized any 77's for these routes it would be the leased ones rather than the new one or possibly 2 that they'll have at that time.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by hfly
I ahve also read that they are looking at 2-3 a/c this year starting in mid October, so they may have a grand total of one ready to roll for Haj. COnsidering the fact that TK barely has enough flight crews right now to fly 777's, I would assume that if they utilized any 77's for these routes it would be the leased ones rather than the new one or possibly 2 that they'll have at that time.
A lot can change in five months, so we shall see. The new planes will have far more seats than the leased planes with suites, so I'd expect them to be in use even if they need to hire some temp crews to go with them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.