Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crediting miles

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2010, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Crediting miles

I am desparately trying to get TA to credit a couple of Star A flights to my Miles & Smiles. I have submitted all the required information and ticket stubbs (originals posted), as requested.
I have followed up with countless telephone calls & emails. I have now resorted to the airline with whom I have flown to email confirmation of boarding, to TA.

I realised by joining TA frequent flyer program, I may have to push and prod them to get things done, but I had no idea it would be to this level.

Is this a similar experience to all of you.... or am I missing a trick to get these flights credited to my account?

Thanks for your help!
Old May 27, 2010, 6:56 am
Original Poster

I wondered if this situation exists becasue I am yet to fly TA, and they are not happy to credit me the Star A flights, and afraid I am joining M&Smiles due to lenient status possibilities?

Are there ANY fully English speaking staff at Miles & Smiles?

PLEASE someone with a similar experience or solution advise me. PLEASE !
Old May 27, 2010, 11:21 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by Chris3630
I wondered if this situation exists becasue I am yet to fly TA, and they are not happy to credit me the Star A flights, and afraid I am joining M&Smiles due to lenient status possibilities?
I am Elite Plus on TK Miles & Smiles but I have never flew on TK, thus your suspicion is unfounded.

You might have given the wrong membership number, how does it reflect on your boarding pass and PNR? Is it:

TK123456789 (correct)

or

TKTK123456789 (wrong)
Old May 28, 2010, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback. That is half my battle done.

Did you/anyone else out there have any issues getting the miles credited?
What sort of timescales does this normally take?

Thanks
Chris
Old May 28, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
For me, the miles gets credited to my TK account 1 day after my *A flights.
Old Jun 22, 2010, 3:51 am
Original Poster

Thanks to the replies to date.

And so my saga continues...

With regards to having my TK membership number printed on my boarding pass, this is not present on the ticket stubbs. Is this an issue?

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is a PNR?

Is it worth me trying to escalate the issue to some Senior Management level?
I have never been rude to any staff member, when calling etc... so doubt my name has been black marked!

I think I am almost done trying with TK. I am prepared to try and push one more time, if anyone has any ideas.... PLEASE !!!!

Thanks again.

Yours in desparation!
Chris
Old Jun 22, 2010, 4:14 am
tcm

There is usually a remark on the bottom of the boarding pass that indicates your FF programme (TK Q etc.).

I had a similar situation once with an SQ flight. I called their local office and they helped me out.

The only thing that comes to my mind, assuming that you have the copies of the originals, is to contact the airline you have flown and your local TK office. Plus may be a fax of the copies together with a letter explaining your situation to M&S in IST. Good luck
Old Jun 29, 2010, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Hallalujah................. Thought I should update to let you know that I have FINALLY seen my Miles credited to my account. Was really going to give up the battle and conceed!
After many months of calling and emailing... they finally have done it!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.