Wiki Posts
Search

Elite Plus Upgrade Devaluation

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus, FB Platinum, Emirates
Elite Plus Upgrade Devaluation

I finally got my Elite Plus status today, and tried to use one of the two upgrades for my flight tomorrow. Not possible, ticket needs to be booked in Y/B/M/H/S to be eligible. Same is on the mileage upgrade info on thy.com now. For my most frequent route, the H fare is 4.5times the V fare I normally book.

I understand one could use these upgrades from any fare, even when using award tickets. Too bad, I'm rather disappointed as that was one of the main reasons to get Elite Plus instead of Elite only.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: BA gold, IB platinum, TK gold, KLM Silver, EK, HHonours Silver, Scandic 2nd floor
Angry "free" upgrades

My feelings exactly, same happens to me too in Iberia, i think i have trown away at lease 8 over the years....
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: TK E+ | HHD | Marriott TE LTG | etc.
I think this is a mistake. Because, you can use your upgrade voucher for any route and any class of ticket. This rule only for upgrade with miles, not for voucher.

And, you don't need to spend your voucher for upgrade, if your flight is not on overseas. If you're lucky and the flight has enough space on C, they always upgrade their Elite Plus passenger to C. I know, because i have many friends who have Elite Plus card. They never buy C ticket and always flight on C.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Are these upgrades paper or electronic vouchers?

I haven't actually gotten my package yet, so maybe that confused the agents if they can still be used on any fare.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 11:28 pm

These Vouchers are only E-Vouchers. There are no printed Vouchers.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:03 am

Upgrade on not fully booked flights for free?

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi
I think this is a mistake. Because, you can use your upgrade voucher for any route and any class of ticket. This rule only for upgrade with miles, not for voucher.

And, you don't need to spend your voucher for upgrade, if your flight is not on overseas. If you're lucky and the flight has enough space on C, they always upgrade their Elite Plus passenger to C. I know, because i have many friends who have Elite Plus card. They never buy C ticket and always flight on C.
Can anyone share the experiences? My Friends told me, that they fly a lot, but never get upgraded for free on any TK Flight, also sometimes Business Class was nearly empty.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus, Royal Orchid Plus Gold
In theory, u can. even for a free economy ticket, i upgraded several times. But reality is different and dont blame TK for this. The problem is their booking system which was bought from BA ages ago. Still the travel agents can make a reservation, even put fake ticket numbers in the system until few hours before the flight for low classes. So you can buy a pricy economy ticket just because you were told business is full but when on board, you can find out its almost empty.

Because the ground stuff is familiar with this, they will usually upgrade an EP holder economy passenger to business just at the gate without any vouchers. Human touch is nice

I never push for it but abit of sweet mouth will give you what ur vouchers cant.

Originally Posted by pencereamelesi

Old Apr 6, 2010, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Latest I was told by the Elite Plus phone line is that the vouchers can indeed be used from any class, but only at a TK office. There is none where I live, so fingers crossed it works in a weeks time when I pass thru IST.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 3:05 am
tcm

Originally Posted by LH747FTL
Latest I was told by the Elite Plus phone line is that the vouchers can indeed be used from any class, but only at a TK office. There is none where I live, so fingers crossed it works in a weeks time when I pass thru IST.
I upgraded my outbound and inbound flight using my EP allowance over the TK call centre. However, it took the agent over 10 minutes for the transaction to be completed due to a system problem. This was a few weeks ago.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tcm
I upgraded my outbound and inbound flight using my EP allowance over the TK call centre. However, it took the agent over 10 minutes for the transaction to be completed due to a system problem. This was a few weeks ago.
My agent said unable to complete it due to system problem. Did you call the regular EP line or call centre in IST?

I also called my nearest office, the agent claims V can't be upgraded and if it can, I must also upgrade the connecting flight using the second voucher!

TK ground service only keeps getting worse...
Old Apr 7, 2010, 5:53 am
tcm

Originally Posted by LH747FTL
My agent said unable to complete it due to system problem. Did you call the regular EP line or call centre in IST?

I also called my nearest office, the agent claims V can't be upgraded and if it can, I must also upgrade the connecting flight using the second voucher!

TK ground service only keeps getting worse...
I called the regular TK Call Centre ( +90 212 444 0 849 ). I was told that any paid Y Class ticket can be upgraded. I have to agree with you regarding TK ground service. They are very inconsistent. If someone tells you 'No'. Call again and try your luck with another agent. Good Luck
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
When can you U/G using Elite + voucher? Check-in or booking? Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 3:20 pm
tcm

Originally Posted by jlisi984
When can you U/G using Elite + voucher? Check-in or booking? Thanks.
During booking or after, as long as there is Z class availability.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by tcm
Nice! Thanks.
Old Jun 17, 2010, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by tcm
And do you get 2 per year? Or 2 per re-qualification?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.