Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Using Global Entry When Entering Canada by Air

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

I was under the impression that if you are enrolled in Global Entry as a US citizen, you do not get any special benefits and that only when re-entering the US can you use any expedited screening such as Global Entry kiosks and NEXUS lanes. Several times now I have been corrected by people and told that when I fly to Canada, I don't need to fill out a landing card and can use one of the electronic kiosks (not the regular ABC kiosks) when arriving because I have Global Entry. I had thought those were only for people with NEXUS and can't find anything that says otherwise so some clarification would be nice.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 9:33 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by hobbseltoff
Several times now I have been corrected by people and told that when I fly to Canada, I don't need to fill out a landing card and can use one of the electronic kiosks (not the regular ABC kiosks) when arriving because I have Global Entry. I had thought those were only for people with NEXUS and can't find anything that says otherwise so some clarification would be nice.
What do you mean, "several times now I have been corrected by people" ? Did any of these conversations involve interactions with CBSA? What exactly happened?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.