Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Non US resident-Global Entry revoked but ESTA still valid

Old Sep 17, 18, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade

Has anyone else had this happen? (no i haven't been arrested or imprisoned!). I've send a brief email to the ombudsman and a FOIA request but as the reason given was "you do not meet the eligibilty criteria" I'm shooting in the dark. I don't want to end up being deported/detained in the USA and was wondering if anyone else had experience with this/any suggestions.
Old Sep 17, 18, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Platinum & Ambassador
GE is separate from the ESTA system. If the US didn't really want you in the country they would revoke your ESTA as well so you'd have to apply for a visa which they would just refuse.
Old Sep 17, 18, 9:17 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by sarahluv View Post
Has anyone else had this happen? (no i haven't been arrested or imprisoned!). I've send a brief email to the ombudsman and a FOIA request but as the reason given was "you do not meet the eligibilty criteria" I'm shooting in the dark. I don't want to end up being deported/detained in the USA and was wondering if anyone else had experience with this/any suggestions.
Sorry to hear your Global Entry was revoked. Below thread gives you an idea reason/s for your GE revocation.

Global Entry Revocations [merged threads]
Old Sep 17, 18, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Worry about this if your ESTA is revoked.

Don't spend your days looking at your mailbox waiting for a FOIA response or letter from the Ombudsman.
Old Sep 17, 18, 11:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
the ombudsman replied with 24 hours! I asked them if they can give me more information. This was the unhelpful reply:

If you were denied because you cannot satisfy CBP that all eligibility requirements are met, the decision stands. CBP may use information from other agencies when making eligibility decisions and is prohibited from releasing other agency information
Old Sep 17, 18, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: 1K (until 2021), *G for "life", Global Entry, Hertz PC, Cadbury's Rum and Raisin Emeritus
I'd worry more about the long lines you will now have to stand in than being arrested/deported.
Old Sep 17, 18, 2:40 pm

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear View Post
GE is separate from the ESTA system. If the US didn't really want you in the country they would revoke your ESTA as well so you'd have to apply for a visa which they would just refuse.
Sometimes GE gets revoked before ESTA is revoked. And sometimes GE is revoked while the ESTA isnít revoked until on or after the personís arrival in the US that involves a denial of entry and/or removal from the US.

Last edited by TWA884; Jul 30, 19 at 8:23 am
Old Sep 17, 18, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post

Sometimes GE gets revoked before ESTA is revoked. And sometimes GE is revoked while the ESTA isnít revoked until on or after the personís arrival in the US that involves a denial of entry and/or removal from the US.
yeah that's my concern.
Old Sep 17, 18, 3:49 pm

yeah that's my concern.
The more probable hit is that GE is revoked but the ESTA remains valid for travel to the US and that the arrival in the US is uneventful other than you get stuck with the rest of the US VWP/ESTA users and don't get PreCheck when flying out of US airports.

Unfortunately, most individuals aren't told much of anything useful when GE is revoked. Even most of those Americans hit by GE revocation.
sarahluv and Loren Pechtel like this.

Old Sep 17, 18, 3:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder View Post
The more probable hit is that GE is revoked but the ESTA remains valid for travel to the US and that the arrival in the US is uneventful other than you get stuck with the rest of the US VWP/ESTA users and don't get PreCheck when flying out of US airports.

Unfortunately, most individuals aren't told much of anything useful when GE is revoked. Even most of those Americans hit by GE revocation.
i think a flight via dublin may be necessary!
Silver Fox likes this.
Old Sep 17, 18, 4:02 pm

i think a flight via dublin may be necessary!
Could help. That and/or buying US-related travel tickets/travel only if they are refundable in large part or in their entirety. You don't want to be in a situation where you have a lot of non-refundable/high-penalty bookings that you can't use because of an untimely ESTA cancellation.
Silver Fox likes this.

Search this Thread