Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Application (Canadian on L1 visa)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Hi Guys,

So I did something quite stupid this evening...
I am a Canadian who recently relocated to Chicago for work. I completed my Nexus card application today, but forgot to provide one specific detail. Although I provided them with my passport and birth certificate, I forgot to provide my L1 visa details (allowing me legal residence within the US). Looking online I see once I certify everything, I cannot make any edits to my application. I tried searching to see if there were any other idiots like me... it also happened to happen after hours so i'm left in the dark currently.

Has anyone heard of this happening before / if someone was denied due to not providing the visa details?

Thank you for any help!
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by bonzo1986
Hi Guys,

So I did something quite stupid this evening...
I am a Canadian who recently relocated to Chicago for work. I completed my Nexus card application today, but forgot to provide one specific detail. Although I provided them with my passport and birth certificate, I forgot to provide my L1 visa details (allowing me legal residence within the US). Looking online I see once I certify everything, I cannot make any edits to my application. I tried searching to see if there were any other idiots like me... it also happened to happen after hours so i'm left in the dark currently.

Has anyone heard of this happening before / if someone was denied due to not providing the visa details?

Thank you for any help!
Is there even a field for this in the application? I'm on a TN and I may have missed it as well, since my PDF version of my application doesn't have my TN information. Regardless, I was approved for NEXUS and told the officer all my employment details.

However, I did have issues the first time I used GE as my Visa did not show up as an option. I got a big X and the officer needed to update my profile at YYZ.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:48 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I wouldn't worry about it.

NEXUS can be obtained on Canadian (or US) passport alone. Now when you actually use NEXUS, CBP (or vice versa) may ask purpose of visit and may also ask for supporting documentation at time of entry.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
If you applied with proper details in every field, including valid address/passport info, they should be able to address that during your interview no problem. I wouldn't worry about it. My Canadian work permit (on my US passport) was only added to my NEXUS profile at the interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.