Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by Zombie123
I created an application for global entry but I put in my US address as current address, is that a mistake ? I didn't get an email from PSK
I was a bit impatient. Did get an email
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:49 pm

My conditional approval came finally

After almost about 8 months of waiting I have got conditional approval finally today .scheduled cbp interview in Detroit on Monday hopefully it's cake walk..as per others experience..thanks to this form a lot intially when I was trying to find info in March April where lot of people were waiting and more like it was to do or not do kind of situation..
Old Dec 4, 2018, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA
I applied and did PSK stuff in early June when I was in India (BLR if that matters). Today, I got approval email.

For the interview, do I need rental agreement or is it Ok if I bring recent (within last week) bank statements (3 different banks)?
Old Dec 4, 2018, 9:13 pm

Posting my timeline from application to conditional approval:
  • Mar '18: Renewed my US B1 visa
  • 7th May: Submitted my application on the TTP website.
  • 8th May: Registered for an appointment at my local PSK (Pune), I scheduled the interview for the 10th, though I think there were slots available on the 9th itself.
  • 10th May: Visited my local PSK, the entire process was completed in under 45 min. My appointment letter mentioned the purpose as "Background Verification for GEP" and had my GES/GOES ID on it. Most of the staff were unfamiliar with this sort of application but at each stage (the A, B & C counters) the conferred with each other and progressed my application through the system.
  • 11th May: Received an acknowledgement from the passport office that the background verification process had been initiated.
  • 27th May: The police officer visited my residence and completed the in-person address verification, the process was very similar to what I had experienced when I had renewed my passport a year earlier.
  • 4th Dec: Checked the TTP website for the nth time, no change in status.
  • 5th Dec: Received an email announcing a change of status in my application, checked the website which confirmed that I had been granted conditional approval.
I am an Indian resident and have been at my current address for the last 5+ years. My passport and Aadhaar card also have the same address, all of which probably made the process somewhat more straight forward on the Indian side of the verification process.

While I visit the US fairly often, I have not resided in the US for ~15 years, I'm not sure how (or if) that affected the US side of the verification process.

Last edited by awarty; Dec 4, 2018 at 11:01 pm Reason: fixed a minor typo
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Thanks all for the responses on this thread. Has been helpful. Just did my application for Global Entry.

I have a quick question: I will be traveling to India next month (hence did the application) but I won't be in my hometown for long (short trip). Do I have to be at home for the police verification/interview? Or is that just an address verification? It would suck if the officer doesn't show up while I am there and then it's stuck because of that!!

Last edited by Nile_US; Dec 5, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Old Dec 6, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Nile_US
Thanks all for the responses on this thread. Has been helpful. Just did my application for Global Entry.

I have a quick question: I will be traveling to India next month (hence did the application) but I won't be in my hometown for long (short trip). Do I have to be at home for the police verification/interview? Or is that just an address verification? It would suck if the officer doesn't show up while I am there and then it's stuck because of that!!
you need to be present for the police verification....
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: AA Plat, MPC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Keyser
you need to be present for the police verification....
Thanks. Looks like many people have been visited by the officer in 2-3 days. I hope that will be true for me as well. But I will be in a small(ish) town and that means less likely to happen. Oh well, we will see.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Nile_US
Thanks. Looks like many people have been visited by the officer in 2-3 days. I hope that will be true for me as well. But I will be in a small(ish) town and that means less likely to happen. Oh well, we will see.
actually in a small(ish) town it's more likely that the police verification will be done quicker....when you go to the passport office for your appointment then you should inform them that you will only be in town for a few days....they have the ability to inform the police that the verification should be done right away....
Nile_US likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:21 pm

Those who are applying for minors, please note that they have made PAN card as mandatory for applying the PCC for GEP now. Thankfully I had a complete month during my vacation so got the PAN card for my 2 year old in 2 weeks and then went for PCC to the passport office. Somebody please add this to the Wiki page.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 1:59 am

Scam alert - data breach and phishing from income tax office

Apologies for all CAPS on the title. Want to make everyone aware of this. My global entry application was approved a couple of months back. But today, I received an email from an internal incometax.gov.in email - [email protected] asking personal details based on my GEP application. I want to make everyone aware that if they receive this, DO NOT REPLY directly. Double check if it is legit.
-------- Phishing email --------
Sir, Please refer to GEP (Global Entry Program) application filed in your case. In this regard, your date of Birth and mobile number mentioned by you in GEP allpication does not tally with the data available in this department. Therefore, you are hereby requested to clarify the same urgently. Please submit your correct date of Birth and mobile number along with proof/evidence by return of post.

Regards, ITO-29(3)(1), Mumbai.

---- and then some hidden content with a link to open, didn't open it -----

Hope this helps people and nobody got scammed.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:08 pm

Proof of Address

Has anyone had experience with using a US address rather than India address for proof of address? I live in the US and only stay with relatives when visiting India so my India address has no proof.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 6:06 am

I got my conditional approval and would be seeking enrollment on arrival next month. I am an Indian citizen with B1/B2 visa. I had a couple of concerns and would appreciate if any senior can help me out who has been thru enrollment on arrival.
1) Upon enrollment on arrival, do they stamp your passport with the category of visa & date mentioned ? Do they put any other stamp/logo/proof for global entry on passport itself ? If not, then would that be a concern while returning to India as there would be no stamp on passport to show that I entered USA in a particular category visa on a particular date ?
2) While seeking enrollment on arrival, do we have to fill up the US customs form manually that is circulated in the flight prior to landing ? Thanks.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:39 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by pizza99
I got my conditional approval and would be seeking enrollment on arrival next month. I am an Indian citizen with B1/B2 visa. I had a couple of concerns and would appreciate if any senior can help me out who has been thru enrollment on arrival.
1) Upon enrollment on arrival, do they stamp your passport with the category of visa & date mentioned ? Do they put any other stamp/logo/proof for global entry on passport itself ? If not, then would that be a concern while returning to India as there would be no stamp on passport to show that I entered USA in a particular category visa on a particular date ?
2) While seeking enrollment on arrival, do we have to fill up the US customs form manually that is circulated in the flight prior to landing ? Thanks.
Your passport is not marked in any manner to indicate that you have Global Entry; the Global Entry kiosk will verify your membership by the passport number. The passport will not be stamped upon entry into the US. To obtain proof of admission to the the US, go to the I94 - Official Website (Official Site for Travelers Visiting the United States: Apply for or Retrieve Form I-94, Request Travel History and Check Travel Compliance):
Already Visiting & Need Proof of Visitor Status?

A traveler lawfully admitted (or paroled) into the U.S. may print their lawful record of admission (I-94 form) from this CBP website. If someone requests your admission information, this is the form you would provide.

Need A History Of Your Arrivals & Departures?

View your U.S. arrival and departure history for the past 5 years (certain types of travel history may not be provided). Please know, this travel history is a tool to assist you but not an official record for legal purpose.
For more information about enrollment on arrival, please take a look at the following thread:
Old Dec 21, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by aakash_naik
For Global entry. I live in USA. I have applied for Global entry. I have received mail from Indian consulate that I can schedule appointment. But on the website, it wont let me create appointment any further than 1 week. I need to schedule after 1.5 months. what should I do?
Hi Aakash,

Were you able to figure out a solution? I am in the same boat.
Old Dec 29, 2018, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by flyer_2018
Hi Guys,

I applied for the GEP last week (Trusted Traveler Program), I was told I will receive an email from Passport Seva to schedule a background verification process. I haven't received it. Does that not happen? Any help will be appreciated.
Did you find an answer? I have the same question. Do you receive an email from PSK once you submit TTP application? If yes, how long does it take?

Originally Posted by awarty
Posting my timeline from application to conditional approval:
  • Mar '18: Renewed my US B1 visa
  • 7th May: Submitted my application on the TTP website.
  • 8th May: Registered for an appointment at my local PSK (Pune), I scheduled the interview for the 10th, though I think there were slots available on the 9th itself.
  • 10th May: Visited my local PSK, the entire process was completed in under 45 min. My appointment letter mentioned the purpose as "Background Verification for GEP" and had my GES/GOES ID on it. Most of the staff were unfamiliar with this sort of application but at each stage (the A, B & C counters) the conferred with each other and progressed my application through the system.
  • 11th May: Received an acknowledgement from the passport office that the background verification process had been initiated.
  • 27th May: The police officer visited my residence and completed the in-person address verification, the process was very similar to what I had experienced when I had renewed my passport a year earlier.
  • 4th Dec: Checked the TTP website for the nth time, no change in status.
  • 5th Dec: Received an email announcing a change of status in my application, checked the website which confirmed that I had been granted conditional approval.
I am an Indian resident and have been at my current address for the last 5+ years. My passport and Aadhaar card also have the same address, all of which probably made the process somewhat more straight forward on the Indian side of the verification process.

While I visit the US fairly often, I have not resided in the US for ~15 years, I'm not sure how (or if) that affected the US side of the verification process.
So after submitting your TTP application on 7th May, did you receive any email from Passport Seva for the next steps before you scheduled PSK appointment on 8th May? I have submitted my TTP application but haven’t received any email from PSK yet. So not sure what do I need to enter for GOES Application ID/GES when scheduling appointment on PSK portal.

Last edited by TWA884; Dec 29, 2018 at 8:40 am Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.