Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 7, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
This thread in the India forum contains useful information on completing the requisite portion of the application process in India:

India joins US Global Entry programme

The following was copied verbatim from the DHS website:

Global Entry for Indian Citizens

How to Apply for Global Entry:

Citizens of India are eligible for Global Entry. Applications must be submitted through CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) website. The non-refundable application fee for a five-year Global Entry membership is $100 and applications must be made online. Once the application is approved, a CBP officer will conduct a scheduled interview with the applicant and then make a final eligibility determination.

Application Process:
  1. Apply Online with CBP: Complete a TTP online application and pay the $100 non-refundable application fee.
  2. After completion of step ‘1’ applicants need to submit the requisite information, along with the applicable fee of ₹500, in the Passport Seva Portal, www.passportindia.gov.in for their background check in India. In addition to this, all Indian applicants must schedule an in-person interview at the respective Passport Seva Kendra/Passport Seva Laghu Kendra (PSK/PSLK) office as per their residential jurisdiction in India (as per the address furnished online). During the interview, Indian citizens will have their fingerprints and photo captured and complete other formalities. A visit to the PSK/PSLK is based on prior appointment only.
  3. If the applicant is not presently living in India, it is recommended that they apply for Global Entry prior to their next trip to India so that the appointment at the PSK/PSLK office can be completed during their visit.
  4. Schedule an Interview in the U.S.: Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a message in your TTP account instructing you to schedule an interview at one of the Global Entry Enrollment Centers. Global Entry Enrollment Centers are primarily located within the United States at ports of entry and designated CBP facilities.
  5. Interview Determines Your Eligibility: A U.S. Customs Border Protection officer will ask you questions, take your photo, and collect your fingerprints.
  6. Provide Identification: Bring your valid passport(s) and one other form of identification, such as a driver's license or ID card to the interview. If you are a lawful permanent resident, you must present your permanent resident card.

Other Benefits:

Once a citizen of India is enrolled in Global Entry, he/she will also be eligible to participate in TSA Precheck. Visit the TSA Precheck program website for more information.

Travel Requirements:

All Indian Global Entry members must have a valid passport and a valid visa. Global Entry members who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. lawful permanent residents must maintain updated visa information with CBP. If a Global Entry member obtains a new visa, or obtains a new petition for a work visa, the member must notify CBP in-person at a Global Entry enrollment center. A member must visit an enrollment center to have CBP add visa and/or update visa information. If the visa information is incomplete or not properly updated with CBP, the Global Entry kiosk may incorrectly calculate the member’s class of admission and admission date. A member must visit an enrollment center in-person to add or update visa information.

Last modified: May 17, 2018
Print Wikipost

Global Entry for Citizens of India

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 11:42 am

Any change in the process? Is it recommended to wait until the PSK in person interview requirement is removed? I do not have any plans to go to India in the next few months.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 4:03 pm

Got GE approved last week.

1.Applied July 17 immediately after they opened it for indian citizens
2.Completed Police verification on Dec 17.
3. Got conditional approval and approval last week.
4. Interview is pretty straightforward, no questions. They just explained the process and i took my recent H1B approval and they updated it in their system
Old Jul 10, 2018, 1:37 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Air India Maharaja Club, Lufthansa FT, Jet Airways Platinum, Hilton Gold
So I applied in Nov to the US, completed India steps in December 2017. From other's notes, I assume my clearance will come in the next couple of months.
I am on an F-1 Visa however - I was wondering if anyone else has got approval with an F-1 visa. Does anyone know if India is clearing these?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:18 am

Programs: Miles and Smiles Elite, EY Silver, VS Silver
Originally Posted by runningpoints
So I applied in Nov to the US, completed India steps in December 2017. From other's notes, I assume my clearance will come in the next couple of months.
I am on an F-1 Visa however - I was wondering if anyone else has got approval with an F-1 visa. Does anyone know if India is clearing these?
I applied in August 2017 on F-1 Visa. Received my conditional approval just a few weeks ago. I am just one, but I had the same thought about F-1 visas and whether or not they would clear them. I haven't seen any other reports, but I don't think many people on F-1 visas applied in the first place. Good luck!
runningpoints likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 3:15 am

I applied in Jan 2018 - gave interview at local PSK. Police verification got done within a week. Waiting ever since. No change in status. Wrote to CBP. Same reply as posted by others here - waiting for clearance from the Indian gov. In between, got my B1/B2 renewed and even visited US last month. I hope it gets done before my next visit due in Sep.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by VPanda
I have an interview scheduled in August at MSP - Checking every day for an earlier date.
I found an earlier appointment for this morning and received full approval today.

The agent at the MSP office hadn't processed H1-B visas for GE so she took some time to update my information.

After talking to another agent, she mentioned that H1-B visa holders still need to see an officer to get a stamp on their passport. This needs to be done after you've completed the process at the GE kiosks. Was this mentioned to anyone else? Have other H1-B visa holders used the GE kiosks?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 8:37 am

What kind of stamp? There is no stamp in passport, I-94 is electronic.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles PM
Originally Posted by dhanatravel
What kind of stamp? There is no stamp in passport, I-94 is electronic.
When you see an immigration officer to process your entry into the US, they stamp your passport with the date you were admitted and note the expiration date on the stamp. I was told that this stamp would be necessary even if you use the GE kiosk.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:41 am

Interesting. Anyone has prior experience using GE?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 2:17 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Air India Maharaja Club, Lufthansa FT, Jet Airways Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VPanda
When you see an immigration officer to process your entry into the US, they stamp your passport with the date you were admitted and note the expiration date on the stamp. I was told that this stamp would be necessary even if you use the GE kiosk.
I-94 information is all electronic now. When you enter, immigration officer will stamp the entry date and then using a second stamp/pen will add the "leave by" date which is usually 6 months for Indians on B1/B2 unless they're suspicious of something, or "D/S" for F-1/H1-B etc, as those visa leaving dates are based on many different factors, hence "D/S" - Duration of permitted stay.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 7:25 pm

Hi Guys,

I've got the conditional approval but my stamped H1B is expiring on the 2nd of August. I've got an approved H1B extension I797. Can I schedule an interview for GE with the approved i-797?

Last edited by niles23; Jul 16, 2018 at 7:26 pm Reason: typo
Old Jul 17, 2018, 3:33 am

I'm sure this has been answered before, but if someone could let me know it would be much appreciated. What should one bring to the interview? I am on an F-1 visa so currently all I can think of is:
  • Passport
  • All copies of I-20 (got a new one after changing major)
  • Proof of Enrollment
Anything else that may be needed? Much appreciated
Old Jul 17, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by ss1710
I'm sure this has been answered before, but if someone could let me know it would be much appreciated. What should one bring to the interview? I am on an F-1 visa so currently all I can think of is:
  • Passport
  • All copies of I-20 (got a new one after changing major)
  • Proof of Enrollment
Anything else that may be needed? Much appreciated
Take a look at this thread:
Old Jul 17, 2018, 12:05 pm

Yes. That should work. I got mine approved with same documents. Good luck.
Old Jul 18, 2018, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Originally Posted by siddhuv89
Yes. That should work. I got mine approved with same documents. Good luck.
Thanks guys!
TWA884 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.