Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

How many Global Entry machines weren't working today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2016, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Broken GE Kiosks at JFK T8 [title updated as the number is fluid]

Amazing. Just landed at T8 and headed to the global entry kiosks. There were eight of them, five of them broken.

When will CBP get their act together. This is inexcusable.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:15 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Should make you happy to hear that something similar was going on in December - I remember at least half not working. Ridiculous the problem persists.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 7:48 pm
Original Member

Its all a money play. TSA wanted more people, let the lines grow and get out of control - congress give $34m. CBP sees that and wants its share - lets not fix machines and let the lines grow...
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:03 pm

Sadly, Jimbo is probably correct.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 8:16 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Note:

The Trusted Travelers forum is for information about and practical advice concerning programs such Global Entry, PreCheck and Nexus.

This is NOT the place for debating DHS/TSA/CBP politics and security policy. Please take those discussions to the Checkpoints and Borders Policy Debate forum.

Thank you,

TWA884
Co-moderator, Travel Safety/Security
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:45 pm

Location: Loud, dark, warm, lots of ethernet cables, and in some rack space.
Programs: AA:EXP
Originally Posted by SiempreBCNJFK
Amazing. Just landed at T8 and headed to the global entry kiosks. There were eight of them, five of them broken.

When will CBP get their act together. This is inexcusable.
They're STILL broken? I was there around Monday (30 May) and they had the kiosks broken. I didn't think much of it to post because I arrived around 7:00 ish
Old Jun 5, 2016, 6:46 am

OT but landed T1 last Thursday night and saw an entire row of GE kiosks, must have been 8-10.

The first 4 were occupied, #5 worked like a charm. Also special exit with officer inspecting the receipt .... quite efficient. Long line at customs but again special exit for GE. Total time from checking my passport into kiosk to the front door, about 3 minutes!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Was at JFK T8 on JUN 5 evening. Only one had a blank screen. The others seem to be functioning.
Old Jun 10, 2016, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you get to go to the front of the passport control line?
Old Jun 10, 2016, 7:02 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I cleared GE at T8 on Tues. June 7; I think only one terminal was not working.
A few months ago customs at T8 had a flood. Initially planes intended use T8 were being sent to other terminals, but with huge waits. Eventually T8 reopened, but only ONE GE terminal was working...big delays.
I find T8 to be poorly managed: (1)TSA departure slow, (2)CBP for arrivals not much better.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Last time I passed through ORD there was a huge GE line due to half the kiosks being down. Annoying...
Old Apr 17, 2017, 5:58 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL

I've had two bad experiences in the past 10 days with many of the GE machines not working.

At Miami (D arrivals):

At LAX (Terminal 4)

In all cases I got through, but I wondered if this is becoming a nationwide problem?
      Old Apr 19, 2017, 1:38 am
      nrr
      FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
      At JFK T8 (AA) on April 11, at least 3 GE terminals: "out of service" displayed on screen.
      Old Apr 20, 2017, 3:06 am
      FlyerTalk Evangelist
      Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
      Originally Posted by Markie
      I've had two bad experiences in the past 10 days with many of the GE machines not working.

At Miami (D arrivals):
      At LAX (Terminal 4)
      In all cases I got through, but I wondered if this is becoming a nationwide problem?
      LAX T4 is only used by AA and only for very few of its passengers. Most AA will clear at TBIT. Even if you arrive at T4 most passengers still goto TBIT for processing and you pickup bags there, so unless access is blocked I just go there anyway. Not sure if AA is using T5 CBP now that some flights operate out of it.

Gone through LAX T5, T2 and TBIT CBP in last month. TBIT had two broken machines, but T5/T2 all working.
      Old Apr 21, 2017, 3:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, AA PLT.
      I had issues going through ATL today. Got to the questions about whether I was bringing tons of cash into the country etc, and the booth timed out. Tried again, same result. The screen kept saying 'system error,' and told me to go see someone at the booth. No receipt, big X on it or otherwise.

The CBP officer didnt know what had gone wrong. Meant I had to go find a customs form, which was more difficult than it sounds as immigration was a zoo.

Somewhat frustrating, as without a printed GE receipt (I'm non-US so don't get a GE card) I couldn't use the GE customs lane.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.