Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
You can check for interview availability (without needing to be logged in) at TTP - Schedule Appointment

This page includes a checkbox you can use to show locations with the soonest availability, although they tend to be few in number and near border towns.

You may also wish to consider:
  • Enrollment on Arrival, which can be done while clearing immigration during international return to the US: Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival
  • Some locations offer walk-in interviews even if you do not have an appointment: Global Entry Walk-In Interviews
  • If you will be passing through MIA, their GE office nearly always has immediate availability and is open very late.

Note also that a location that has literally zero availability for future interviews today, may pop up with available slots tomorrow (or even later today), presumably as people with scheduled appointments do EOA or walk-in thus freeing up their original time slot. So it may be worth checking back periodically.

Print Wikipost

Global Entry Enrollment Interview Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mdosu
I confirm that SFO appears to have opened up 24/7. I was able to get a slot for 10:45 PM. The entire 11pm-5AM slots were all open between June 13 and June 14
For many people, it's difficult/expensive to get to/from SFO during the hours that BART isn't operating.
Old Jun 11, 2016, 1:25 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
According to SFO, US Customs & Border Protection has announced a pilot program to expand the hours of the Global Entry enrollment office to 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The pilot is set to begin on June 12 and run for 60 days, at which time the program will be evaluated.

“Due to the overwhelming success of the Global Entry program and the subsequent increase in applications, CBP clearly recognizes the need for additional interview opportunities,” said Brian J. Humphrey, CBP’s Director of Field Operations in San Francisco.
http://blog.sfgate.com/cmcginnis/201...e-to-open-247/
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:47 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List
Maybe this is old news, but I noticed today that SFO has appointments around the clock now. This morning there was an appointment available this Friday. That's gone now, but I see several available between 1:30AM and 5AM on Sunday, July 24th. I rescheduled and got my wife an appt in the late evening in early August to replace her original mid-October appointment.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 2:37 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by jhue
Maybe this is old news, but I noticed today that SFO has appointments around the clock now. This morning there was an appointment available this Friday. That's gone now, but I see several available between 1:30AM and 5AM on Sunday, July 24th. I rescheduled and got my wife an appt in the late evening in early August to replace her original mid-October appointment.
Thank you for sharing. It has already been mentioned in this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=22732

This is supposed to be an experiment for two months started on 12 June 2016.

If you continuously search for a new appointment date and time, you are very likely to find a close in slot in the next two weeks, especially SFO is now open 24/7. Good luck.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, Fairmont, Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, Starwood
Interesting evolving timeline for SFO. When I started looking for open appointment times in mid-June for SFO, there were a lot of openings in early August. As of this morning the soonest there are any openings is December 4. So in less than 3 weeks, SFO has filled up 4 months of appointments.

As I have watched the trending over the past few week, this heavy load on SFO led me to believe their 24-hour interviewing would continue until not needed. But it looks like they are cutting back hours at the end of summer to 12-16 hours each day. Ouch!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:22 pm

Heads-up that EWR has opened up a bunch of GE interview slots early in the morning and later at night. I just grabbed one for this weekend after 9pm. May also be available elsewhere, I only checked EWR. Every day I checked from 7/2 through 7/31 had multiple slots available.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:32 pm

I was just about to post the same thing as above. EWR was booked out till end of august and now theres super eary 5-6am and after 9pm availability pretty much everyday in july.

I checked JFK and they are still booked out till september
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by babern38
I was just about to post the same thing as above. EWR was booked out till end of august and now theres super eary 5-6am and after 9pm availability pretty much everyday in july.

I checked JFK and they are still booked out till september
The NYC Bowling Green (?) interview site had been showing better availability than JFK, so that might work for you.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by journeymind
Heads-up that EWR has opened up a bunch of GE interview slots early in the morning and later at night. I just grabbed one for this weekend after 9pm. May also be available elsewhere, I only checked EWR. Every day I checked from 7/2 through 7/31 had multiple slots available.
The appointment availability has just been expanded even further at EWR. Appointments all day everyday starting tomorrow through at least July. I just switched my nighttime appointment to a nice late morning one on Saturday.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:54 pm

They just opened up a whole # of slots all day in EWR for July/August now.

I just scrambled to get my interviews setup for my wife, kids and myself when I could have waited and scheduled all of us on 1 day.

Oh well.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, DL, UA, Fairmont, Hilton, Hyatt, Omni, Starwood
August slots at SFO (just now!)

For anyone looking for SFO appointments soon, at this moment there are multiple early morning openings August 7, 8, 9, 10. It seems like they must have just added more staff or extended hours. More most of the dates I looked at there have at least 10 or more slots. This is as of 1600 PDT, June 29. Hopefully there will be more here and at other sites.

Last edited by FMunroe; Jun 29, 2016 at 5:34 pm
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by gundan
They just opened up a whole # of slots all day in EWR for July/August now.

I just scrambled to get my interviews setup for my wife, kids and myself when I could have waited and scheduled all of us on 1 day.

Oh well.
Try to all go in at first appointment. Many reported success. Good luck and let us know your result.

Originally Posted by FMunroe
For anyone looking for SFO appointments soon, at this moment there are multiple early morning openings August 7, 8, 9, 10. It seems like they must have just added more staff or extended hours. More most of the dates I looked at there have at least 10 or more slots. This is as of 1600 PDT, June 29. Hopefully there will be more here and at other sites.
SFO is open 24/7 for two months since 12 June 2016. Have you tried their early bird specials yet?

Last edited by TWA884; Nov 8, 2019 at 7:22 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member for readability
Old Jun 29, 2016, 7:28 pm

Programs: NZ*E, Global Entry
SFO - I successfully moved my appointment up a couple months thanks to the 24/7 change. I'm wondering if the 24/7 thing has made it easier for walk-ins...? My new appointment is inconveniently timed, and I'm tempted to make the trip up there late one night or early one morning just to see how it goes.
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:24 am

Checking for Available Appointments

I live in NYC. I applied on June 14 and got my provisional acceptance on July 7. I was able to schedule an appointment at Broad Street for August 15.

I am going to Paris on July 20 and was wondering if it is possible to check for last minute cancellations without giving up the appointment I currently have?

Also,does it pay to try a walk in?

Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Yes you can check for availability without giving up your current appointment.

There is a thread about walk-ins but I don't think you can get into the building in lower Manhattan without an appointment so that's kind of a nonstarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.