Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GOES Website Glitches and Technical Issues

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:54 pm

Same for me, was going to login and update my new passport number. I can reset my password fine, but it won't let me login at all.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Duke787
Having this problem at the moment - tried multiple browsers, multiple resets, changed password, etc., and it still won't let me log in. Of course it's a federal holiday so there is no one to reach on the phone.

My GE is up for renewal this year so I was trying to determine if it will let me press the button on it yet but can't log in.
Might it have something to do with this:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/816082137560383488

U.S. customs system crashes nationwide, leaving massive lines at airports
Old Jan 3, 2017, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by petaluma1
Might it have something to do with this:

https://twitter.com/i/moments/816082137560383488
Appears to have been. No issue logging in just now and submitting my renewal application - glad I wasn't traveling yesterday, sounds like a nightmare

Last edited by Duke787; Jan 3, 2017 at 7:54 am
Old Jan 13, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: AAdvantage
GOES Website

Howdy,

So I'm pretty sure the GOES website is the worst on Earth. I've tried logging in via IE11 and Opera (really!) and have reset my password. I keep getting an error; sent an email to complain and the auto-response says wait 2-3 weeks (not days) and I get a busy signal on all 3 phone numbers.

Are there any other ways to try and login or get someone? I've looked and it seems like there isn't but wondering if anyone had discovered something better than "keep calling"...
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Aadvantage
GOES not showing GE membership

I haven't logged into GOES once since getting approved for GE 4 years ago so I'm a little unsure about what is going on.

i recently renewed my passport and logged in to update the passport info. Well, my goes account appears to not show my GE membership (expires a year from now). The only thing I see is my approval letter from 4 years ago. Also, at the bottom is an asterisk that says something to the effect that not all information may be displayed at this time.

Anyone know what is going on?
I had my SO check there account and everything looks as I remember it. Is this something that will work itself out or do I need to call up the help desk to have them fix this?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:11 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Clear your browser cache and delete the cookies, and try again.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by AAL787
I haven't logged into GOES once since getting approved for GE 4 years ago so I'm a little unsure about what is going on.

i recently renewed my passport and logged in to update the passport info. Well, my goes account appears to not show my GE membership (expires a year from now). The only thing I see is my approval letter from 4 years ago. Also, at the bottom is an asterisk that says something to the effect that not all information may be displayed at this time.

Anyone know what is going on?

I had my SO check there account and everything looks as I remember it. Is this something that will work itself out or do I need to call up the help desk to have them fix this?
My account has showed the same message at the bottom since Friday, and I can't log on to the "Manage Membership" part either. Like you, I also asked my SO to check her account, and it did not have these issues. I'm not sure what's going on, but at least now you know that it's probabaly nothing to do with your specific account.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Nexpoman
My account has showed the same message at the bottom since Friday, and I can't log on to the "Manage Membership" part either. Like you, I also asked my SO to check her account, and it did not have these issues. I'm not sure what's going on, but at least now you know that it's probabaly nothing to do with your specific account.
Sounds like part of the web site is temporarily out of order. Given it is run by the US government, try again on Monday when IT staff are in the office. I'll bet it'll work on Monday (afternoon).
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I'm having the same issue, and I need to activate my new NEXUS card!
Old May 1, 2017, 5:59 pm

Monday afternoon, pacific time, and it's still not working.
Old May 2, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Well, at least I'm not the only one...

as of 7 PM Eastern, still no dice. I'll try to make contact with the help desk tomorrow since this looks like it's not going away. Anyone else call and get an answer about what is going on?

also, if passport number and expiry isn't updated online can I still use a kiosk or will that just give me an "x" and an earful from a cbp agent? Research on this forum seems to say you don't need to actually update for the kiosk to work.. flight next week and all
Old May 2, 2017, 6:50 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
also, if passport number and expiry isn't updated online can I still use a kiosk or will that just give me an "x" and an earful from a cbp agent? Research on this forum seems to say you don't need to actually update for the kiosk to work.. flight next week and all
Will you be passing by a Global Entry Enrollment Center between now and then (on your way out of the country)? If you will, most will update your information without requiring an appointment or a long wait.
Old May 2, 2017, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884
Will you be passing by a Global Entry Enrollment Center between now and then (on your way out of the country)? If you will, most will update your information without requiring an appointment or a long wait.
+1 for the suggestion to visit a Global Entry Enrollment Center - no appointment needed for passport updates.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...llment-centers
Old May 3, 2017, 11:59 am

How do I contact tech support?

The numbers on https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/co...es_support.jsp don't work for me.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
How do I contact tech support?

The numbers on https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/goes/co...es_support.jsp don't work for me.
Did you try to submit the issue using the online suggestion from this web page? Looks like there's instructions saying to use help.cbp.gov and then "submit a problem / complaint" using the category Trusted Traveler. According to the site, CBP will respond to you directly if you submit a problem report using this method.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.