Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 1:05 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The TTP interview tour is back in Germany:

Frankfurt US Consulate May 8-9
Berlin US Embassy May 11, 14-15
Munich Airport May 17-18
Old May 2, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Applied for renewal on January 9
Went to the German Federal Police for verification March 18
Went again on April 24
Approved : May 2

No Interview required. ^
Old May 2, 2018, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Applied: March 23rd
Conditionally Approved: Today (May 2nd)
(German citizenship)

Scheduled an interview in the US Embassy in Berlin in a couple of days.
Old May 3, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Went again on April 24

No Interview required. ^
Why did you have to go the German Federal Police on March 18 and again a second time?
I applied fro renewal on March 9, but still says "Pending Review" and "Wait for conditional approval", as of today?!
Old May 3, 2018, 5:58 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Why did you have to go the German Federal Police on March 18 and again a second time?
I applied fro renewal on March 9, but still says "Pending Review" and "Wait for conditional approval", as of today?!
German citizens have to ask the Bundespolizei to do a background check and let the DHS/CBP know that you are 'clean'. All they do is check your passport details against their database and then transmit your name (as mentioned in the passport you show them) and your date of birth to the CBP saying that you are clean.

Sometimes the data doesn't transmit or there is a mismatch in the name due to different writing styles. Hence I went to the BP a second time to ask if the data transmitted OK. The officer resent the data just to be sure.

Interestingly for the German Easypass-RTP, US citizens are checked against the same database by the Bundespolizei and then cleared to use the Easypass gate. The German government does not ask the US counterpart if its OK for them.
Old May 3, 2018, 6:52 am

German citizens have to ask the Bundespolizei to do a background check and let the DHS/CBP know that you are 'clean'. All they do is check your passport details against their database and then transmit your name (as mentioned in the passport you show them) and your date of birth to the CBP saying that you are clean.

Sometimes the data doesn't transmit or there is a mismatch in the name due to different writing styles. Hence I went to the BP a second time to ask if the data transmitted OK. The officer resent the data just to be sure.

Interestingly for the German Easypass-RTP, US citizens are checked against the same database by the Bundespolizei and then cleared to use the Easypass gate. The German government does not ask the US counterpart if its OK for them.
Thanks, but I was not aware that this is needed again for GE renewal. I was at the Bundespolizei once when I applied for GE for the first time 5 years ago. Did it say somewhere on the online forms during the renewal that you need to do this and I missed it?
Old May 3, 2018, 7:57 am
Aman Contributor Badge

While I wouldn’t be surprised that DHS seems to want way more info than anyone else, it could also be that DHS is willing to give derogatory info without you releasing it, unlike its more privacy minded friends across the pond.

Old May 3, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Viennafly
Thanks, but I was not aware that this is needed again for GE renewal. I was at the Bundespolizei once when I applied for GE for the first time 5 years ago. Did it say somewhere on the online forms during the renewal that you need to do this and I missed it?
Back in January when I applied for renewal I called the BuPo service point here in MUC and asked if I needed to see them again. The lady told me no need to see them if the passport is still the same. After two months of nothing happening to my application, I just went to to the BuPo office in MUC and asked and they said yes the CBP needs a mesage from them, or else they will not process the application further. If you look at the GE thread on VFT you will see this matches other experiences. http://www.vielfliegertreff.de/hot-s...-new-post.html
Old May 3, 2018, 11:48 am

Thanks for the great advice! I read the vielfliegertreff posts and also have confirmed with the BuPo in Frankfurt. It really seems that my application is stuck at this point because of this .... Fortunately, I have two stop-overs in FRA and MUC in the next weeks (before the expiry date of my GE) - one of which I am confident will be long enough to stop by the BuPo office.
Old May 7, 2018, 2:17 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Went again on April 24

No Interview required. ^
Went to the German Federal Police for verification: March 07
Applied for renewal: April 02
Approved: May 02

No interview required.

Looks a bit like batch processing
Old May 8, 2018, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC, MM, HH, MB
German Citizen
Application: 20-Feb-2018
Conditional Approval: 26-Mar-2018
Enrollment in Frankfurt, Germany 08-May-2018 (temporary enrollment center at the US Consulate)

TTP profile was updated 30 Minutes after the interview.
Old May 13, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: SkyMiles
I have a quick question : I have already cleared with the germany federal police . Is it possible to get an interview at the US consulate once I paid for the application?
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am

No interview possible at a US consulate. You have to do it in the US. Occasionally the CBP does a tour of Germany, but that just happened this May, so it could be 1-2 years till they come again.
Old Jun 30, 2018, 9:54 am

Maintaing Global Entry for German Citizens

Hi all,

I'm German citizen and have Global entry since Jan 2016. I vaguely remembered that at some point within two years I have to get cleared again. Here the text on the CBP Website:
Maintaining Global Entry Membership:

Membership in the Global Entry program lasts for five years, but is contingent upon the member being cleared a second time within two years. After the second year of Global Entry membership, German citizens will have to clear again for Global Entry with the German Federal Police at one of the EasyPASS enrollment center in Germany. CBP will notify the member, via email, when it is time to clear again. If a member fails to clear again for Global Entry with the German Federal Police within the allotted time, the membership will be terminated. After the initial five years, a renewal application will have to be submitted through the TTP website, and another clearance from the German Federal Police will be required.
I never received such a mail? I tried to log into GOES and found it has been replace by TTP. So I created a new account which wasn't any problem. Actually there is says my GE us valid until 2022.

Did they drop the requirement? Did it got lost during the system migration? Will I get it sometime in the near future? Since I'm not living in Germany getting to the Federal Police always means some planning like a stop over/long transfer in FRA, MUC or HAM.

So far, I haven't had any issues at immigration. Works as usual.

Any ideas?
Old Jul 1, 2018, 1:52 pm

No need for you to go to the Bundespolizei until about 2021

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.