FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - German Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old May 3, 2018, 6:52 am
Viennafly

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by oliver2002
German citizens have to ask the Bundespolizei to do a background check and let the DHS/CBP know that you are 'clean'. All they do is check your passport details against their database and then transmit your name (as mentioned in the passport you show them) and your date of birth to the CBP saying that you are clean.

Sometimes the data doesn't transmit or there is a mismatch in the name due to different writing styles. Hence I went to the BP a second time to ask if the data transmitted OK. The officer resent the data just to be sure.

Interestingly for the German Easypass-RTP, US citizens are checked against the same database by the Bundespolizei and then cleared to use the Easypass gate. The German government does not ask the US counterpart if its OK for them.
Thanks, but I was not aware that this is needed again for GE renewal. I was at the Bundespolizei once when I applied for GE for the first time 5 years ago. Did it say somewhere on the online forms during the renewal that you need to do this and I missed it?