Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

FYI: GE Members Eligible for Mexico's Trusted Traveler Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P

Mod's - I was not aware of this program - if a repeat please just delete...

FYI - Just got this from DHS:

Dear Global Entry Member:

Do you travel by air frequently to Mexico? Do you want to avoid lines at Mexican immigration like you do when entering the United States? If you answer yes to these questions, you might be interested in joining Mexico’s Programa Viajero Confiable (Trusted Traveler Program).

Already operational at three airports (Mexico City, San Jose del Cabo and Cancun), and soon to arrive at 10 more, Programa Viajero Confiable offers expedited clearance when entering Mexico, the same type of service that you’ve grown accustomed to with Global Entry at U.S. international airports.

Information about applying can be found here: http://www.viajeroconfiable.inm.gob.mx/index.php/home/. The process includes an online application, one fee for 5 years of membership, and an in-person interview.
Don’t waste any more time! Apply today! Time is money!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Am I missing something?

From the text you quoted, it doesn't seem like Global Entry offers any type of reciprocity or advantage for enrolling in Mexico's version of the program. You still have an application, fee, and interview.

Is there any difference between a Non-GE person applying to Mexico and GE person?

Added. Just examined the link a little closer. Seems the only US citizens that can apply are those already in Global Entry.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:03 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Where Global Entry is not airline specific, I'll move this thread to the Trusted Travelers Forum over in Travel Safety & Security

goalie
UA Forum Co-Moderator
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
I'm trying to read the maps provided on the website, but can't tell for sure. At CUN, anyone know if the enrollment office/desk is before or after security? Or is it in the international arrivals area where you do passport control and claim your bags?

That is, should I schedule an appointment when I arrive at CUN, or should I schedule an appointment for before my departure out of CUN?

Thanks.

Last edited by abaheti; Jun 16, 2015 at 8:33 am Reason: clarity
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:12 pm

Gmail put this in the spam folder for me.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:04 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by RandomNobody
Gmail put this in the spam folder for me.
Just received the email and AT&T dumped mine in my spam folder as well
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:03 am

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
Just received the email and AT&T dumped mine in my spam folder as well
As did my personal installation of SpamAssassin. One of the scoring rules it fell foul of was the use of unencoded 8-bit characters in the Subject header, so I'm not surprised several different spam filters were unhappy with it.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Mine likely went to spam too...I didn't look. What US government agency would put the words "Don’t waste any more time! Apply today! Time is money!" in an email? It almost makes me think a Nigerian prince who needs to transport his gold to America is behind it...
Old Jun 19, 2015, 6:35 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
I went to find it, and it came from a .gov domain, but Gmail spam bucket explained it was caught because it had a lot of text in a language I normally don't use for email.

(BTW, bumping my prior question about office location in CUN... I'll be there soon, so wondering if best to try on my way in or my way out)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.