Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

TSA PreCheck - available if flying on TSA-approved airline but not ticketed by them?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck - available if flying on TSA-approved airline but not ticketed by them?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

I booked a flight with ANA where the domestic segment is a UA flight. Is there any way to get TSA PreCheck onto the boarding pass for that UA flight? Will I be able to show up at the airport and print a boarding pass from the UA machines?

Thanks if anyone knows!
Old May 19, 2015, 7:54 pm

You should be able to contact ANA to get the UA record locator. With that you can pull up the reservation on UA's site and add your KTN.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr
You should be able to contact ANA to get the UA record locator. With that you can pull up the reservation on UA's site and add your KTN.
Thanks, the record locator was actually on my ANA e-ticket.

edit: It doesn't look like the KTN is saving into the reservation though? If I re-enter the edit page, the field is blank. Is that normal?
Old May 20, 2015, 6:47 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
To answer the question that is the thread title, the answer is "yes".

The ticketing carrier need not be a PreCheck participating carrier for the passenger to get PreCheck LLL on the boarding pass when checked in with, and flying on, a PreCheck-participating carrier with a boarding pass from a PreCheck-participating carrier.

The operating carrier matters in a way that the ticketing carrier does not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.