Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Random TSA Precheck for non-USA citizens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Random TSA Precheck for non-USA citizens

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by TWA884
Hi @firstlight,

I moved your question to the relevant thread.

If you are flying from a US airport, just use the PreCheck lanes. If you are departing from the UK, the PreCheck designation will have no effect on your security screening in the UK; however, you will be able to use the PreCheck lanes if you have connecting flights in the US.
And we ended up with pre-check printed on the BP on the way back. With 4 children who were not pre-check we went to the fast track security line (short) and got issued cardboard passes which meant we did not have to take off our shoes etc. but did have to take laptops out. All of us through security in under 5 minutes. I've seen some horror stories but this was pleasant with polite and helpful TSA agents. They did seem a bit surprised that UK citizens without known traveller reference numbers were in pre-check but I guess somehow we must have been marked as being especially well behaved.
Old Jul 19, 2018, 1:44 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
I'm glad that you had a good experience @firstlight.

I do not know how old your children are, however, if they are under 12, they can accompany you in the PreCheck screening lanes (PreCheck with children 12 and under).

As far as your screening process, it seems as if you experienced the so-called PreCheck Light (PreCheck, PreCheck-Light, Quasi-PreCheck in Regular Lanes). I experienced that "pleasure" at ORD T3 over the weekend, when I arrived at the security checkpoint at 8:25 pm, barely five minutes after the PreCheck lanes were closed for the night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.