Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PreCheck with Children

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

PreCheck with Children

I will be traveling for the holidays with my 12-year-old brother. Could he accompany me in PreCheck lanes?

Last edited by TWA884; Apr 1, 2022 at 9:13 am
Old Dec 20, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GS 5 MM, Delta 1.6MM & Hilton Diamond, Avis Chairman, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by davie355
I will be traveling for the holidays with my 12-year-old brother. Could he accompany me in PreCheck lanes?
Yes, kids 12 & under can join you.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:32 pm

TSA Pre w/ Children

Can a person who has TSA-Pre take a child, age 14 with them through that line. My wife and I recently got TSA Pre and will be going on a trip with our child who doesn't have TSA-Pre. Will it be a problem if both our boarding passed (BP) has TSA-Pre on it, but not our kid BP, and we take her through that line? It is a no no? Will the TSA be upset and ask us to join the regular line?
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: NEXUS/GE
She will not be allowed in the Pre line. Only those who are 12 or younger can go through the Pre line with their Precheck-approved parents. She will have to go through the standard security line. They won't ask you to join the regular line, as you are have Pre, however unless you're sure your kid can make it though the standard line alone, you'd probably want to be with her in the standard line.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:08 pm

Oh ok. We all will be in the standard line then
Old Jan 12, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: Platinum
You can get her Global Entry, then she will get PreCheck
Old Jan 13, 2015, 4:05 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SPYDER67
Can a person who has TSA-Pre take a child, age 14 with them through that line. My wife and I recently got TSA Pre and will be going on a trip with our child who doesn't have TSA-Pre. Will it be a problem if both our boarding passed (BP) has TSA-Pre on it, but not our kid BP, and we take her through that line? It is a no no? Will the TSA be upset and ask us to join the regular line?
Usually they will just redirect the group in part or whole -- that could include all being sent to PreCheck LLL screening under a form of "managed inclusion"; or a splitting of the group; or of all being sent to the majority screening process. The chances of all being sent for Precheck LLL is higher if the mixed group families manage to get in the PreCheck line leading to TSA TDC (where the TSA do the travel document checks).
Old Jan 13, 2015, 6:57 am

Thanks for the information GUWonder. We will see what happens when we get to the gate and report back. Knowing that it will be Spring break When we travel next and many family will also be traveling, I'm hoping that they cut us a little slack as a one time courtesy .

Originally Posted by GUWonder
Usually they will just redirect the group in part or whole -- that could include all being sent to PreCheck LLL screening under a form of "managed inclusion"; or a splitting of the group; or of all being sent to the majority screening process. The chances of all being sent for Precheck LLL is higher if the mixed group families manage to get in the PreCheck line leading to TSA TDC (where the TSA do the travel document checks).
Old Jan 14, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
Out of curiosity, how will anyone know how old she is?
Old Jan 14, 2015, 8:37 pm

haha! Great info...Well done Upgraded

Originally Posted by Upgraded!
Old Jan 15, 2015, 12:13 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Upgraded!
By asking -- whether the cotractors or TSA get a true answer for the ages or not, who knows. Or by guessing. But minors aren't required to present ID to TSA TDC as a condition of not being hassled more than usual by the TSA.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA SPG Amex
By asking -- whether the cotractors or TSA get a true answer for the ages or not, who knows.
So the contractor/TSO knows what you tell them, but that doesn't translate to any actual knowledge of the child's age.

I'm not advocating the telling of any fibs here, just giving everyone something to think about...
Old Jan 16, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I'm wondering what the TSA procedure is when a PreCheck adult gets the "random" WTMD alarm while accompanied by a minor. Does anyone have experience with this?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 5:06 pm

By asking -- whether the cotractors or TSA get a true answer for the ages or not, who knows. Or by guessing. But minors aren't required to present ID to TSA TDC as a condition of not being hassled more than usual by the TSA.
Yes. They ask my children how old they are, every time. Then I am told they can not use the Pre Check line with me, until I point out that they have Pre Check clearance.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 1:24 am

Can I take a toddler through pre-check?

Flying to Florida this weekend. My wife has TSA precheck as do I. Our 18 month old son is flying as infant in arms.

I know in regular security he wouldnt be asked to remove his shoes or go through the weird super x ray machine, so would we be able to take him through pre-check??

We have Delta SkyPriority if we cant use the pre-check lane.

And before anyone complains that taking him through pre-check will slow up the process and is unfair to the rest of the pre-check users, i'll state that my flight is at 1130 on a Satuday morning, cant imagine that many business travelers being held up at this time.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.