Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus Renewal Information and Processing Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by omkhar
NEXUS expires April 2018.
Began application process on Black Friday.
After validating all the form information, kept receiving an error 924.
Attempted to call the helpdesk (who's number was still published at the time) and was hung up on after being on hold for 90 mins.
Submitted a web ticket.
After some scripted suggestions (Have you created a LOGIN.GOV account?) they escalated to development.
Issue was fixed without attribution 2 days ago (Jan 2)
Payment processed, now I wait.
Conditional approval Feb 1, 2018. Interview requested in Missasauga, next avail date March 16m 7:30pm.
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by ChadK
Applied online for renewal: January 7, 2018
Approved without an interview: January 29, 2018
Card arrived: not yet (obviously)
15 business days
Received my card today, February 5. So, from date of application to receipt of my card, 20 business days. Not bad!
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone noticed a pattern regarding renewal interviews - for example, if your citizenship or documents have changed, and you uploaded the new documents with your online renewal application through the TTP website, does this sort of change trigger an interview, or is it still hit or miss based on some other factor?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Was going to post that I'm still in limbo a month later and then got the approval notice with no interview as I'm about to post!

Submitted Jan 13 2018
Approved Without Interview Feb 15 2018 (24 Business Days / 32 Calendar Days)

EDIT: New Card received Feb 23 2018

Last edited by NickP 1K; Feb 28, 2018 at 10:48 am
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by omkhar
Conditional approval Feb 1, 2018. Interview requested in Missasauga, next avail date March 16m 7:30pm.
Where in Missasauga they hold interviews?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Where in Missasauga they hold interviews?
YYZ
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AS 100K
applied Jan 16th
conditionally approved Feb 20th.

I have yet to book an interview. Being based in SEA, I have two options. Seattle enrollment center has open spots mid June and on, Blaine has open spots next Monday, Feb 26th, and even open spots on weekends most of march! Maybe thinking of doing day trip to get it over with.

Anyway, I was hoping to get automatically approved but obviously that didn't happen. I"m guessing informing them of the countries you visited might be the make or break point. None of my personal info changed in the last 5 years. I have been to the Middle East a few times though. Maybe that required me to interview???
Old Feb 23, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
Applied for NEXUS renewal online JAN 21.
Approved today FEB 22 with no interview necessary.

Better start watching the mail next week for my replacement card I guess ? Their website had nothing in the FAQ section about this, and the reason I am curious, is that my current card is still valid until MAY 11.

Very impressed with the turnaround time, considering the time of year and short government shutdown.

FWIW I've no changes in my address or other relevant information of record, and have about 300 US border crossings under my belt in the 5 years I've had this card.

Last edited by KDS777; Feb 23, 2018 at 5:02 pm
Old Feb 23, 2018, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by KDS777

Better start watching the mail next week for my replacement card I guess ? Their website had nothing in the FAQ section about this, and the reason I am curious, is that my current card is still valid until MAY 11.

Very impressed with the turnaround time, considering the time of year and short government shutdown.

FWIW I've no changes in my address or other relevant information of record, and have about 300 US border crossings under my belt in the 5 years I've had this card.
The card should show up very soon. You will need to activate it within 30 days. The soon to expire card should no longer be used after activation of new card.
Old Feb 23, 2018, 10:14 pm

Cool thx.

Last edited by KDS777; Feb 24, 2018 at 9:36 am
Old Feb 24, 2018, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by KDS777

60 crossings each year on average? Good grief, that's a lot. I'm assuming that most of those are by air -- unless you're a big fan of drives to Missoula, Montana for some reason -- so have you considered applying for the APEC BTC, for those times when the CATSA fast lane and TSA PreCheck lanes are backed up?

(Edited to add: To respond to @seawolf's later question: according to the ABTC thread, in many airports, the crew/diplomat/special lanes that ABTC card holders can typically use are separate, and frequently less busy, than the PreCheck lanes and even the CATSA fast lanes are increasingly becoming.)

Last edited by Newbie2FT; Mar 10, 2018 at 1:15 pm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 8:21 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
60 crossings each year on average? Good grief, that's a lot. I'm assuming that most of those are by air -- unless you're a big fan of drives to Missoula, Montana for some reason -- so have you considered applying for the APEC BTC, for those times when the CATSA fast lane and TSA PreCheck lanes are backed up?
Unless I'm missing something new, how does ABTC help with security screening lanes?
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by Newbie2FT
60 crossings each year on average ? Good grief, that's a lot. I'm assuming that most of those are by air
CATSA and Pre-check lines are not a problem yet IMHO.

All by air. 60 crossings a year is only 30 actual trips, as you cross using your NEXUS card in the kiosks, when both coming and going..........so, that's roughly one trip every 2 weeks by air for work, not counting my 6-8 holiday trips on top of that, as I always connect in a US hub when flying international.

There are guys here who fly a lot more than me......a lot.

Last edited by KDS777; Feb 24, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Feb 24, 2018, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Exclamation Moderator's Note: Topic Drift

Folks,

Please let's get back on topic, which is Nexus Renewal Processing Time.

Thank you for understanding,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Feb 28, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Took exactly 3 weeks from renewal to approval(no interview).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.