Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Are GE interviews conducted inside or outside security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond

I have read through several threads here and have come up only with this answer to my question: At Boston Logan the Global Entry interview area is outside security.

It would be very useful to know this for all 35 interview locations, since if your interview is inside security, it must coincide with your travel, both date and time.

If it is outside security, and you are going to be in the area for several days, an interview seems much easier to schedule, even if it is quite a ways in the future.

Are people booking flights only after they have been granted an appointment?

Seems quite an expense, time and money.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Varies

Looking over the GE list, it appears that this varies. AT JFK it is "next to baggage claim" which is clearly inside security. But in Washington you can get your interview downtown, at the Ronald Reagan Federal Building. Any further data from FTers would be appreciated.
Old May 23, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
I'm not aware of a location that does NOT have an office outside security. Some locations are not even in airports (DC, NYC). It seems IAH is the only one with an office airside, but they also have a landside office.

http://usa.immigrationvisaforms.com/...view-locations
Old May 23, 2014, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Yes, I saw the same list, but in many cases it gives only the airport street address, with no indication whether it is inside or outside security. Good news if most are outside, however. But I wouldn't want to schedule an interview, only to find that the office was beyond security. With documentation for the interview, do you think TSA would let you through?
Old May 23, 2014, 8:08 am

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Every location has a phone number listed. Just call the one you expect to visit. I called the ORD location to find out where they were b/c I had never been there and they were very responsive.
Old May 24, 2014, 12:48 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Every location has a phone number listed. Just call the one you expect to visit. I called the ORD location to find out where they were b/c I had never been there and they were very responsive.
ORD has one landside next to McDonalds in the post-arrivals area of Terminal 5.

Most are landside.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:23 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by spainflyer
Looking over the GE list, it appears that this varies. AT JFK it is "next to baggage claim" which is clearly inside security. But in Washington you can get your interview downtown, at the Ronald Reagan Federal Building. Any further data from FTers would be appreciated.
At JFK T4 it is outside security. It is next to baggage reclaim area. (After you have reclaimed your luggage (from an intl, trip), you bring it to this area to route it to your final destination.)
Since most people applying for GE, are probably "local" area residents, it would be difficult for them to get to GE interview area if it was airside.
Old May 26, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus Silver, Nexus, Global Entry
At YVR it is outside security, across from the United Airlines check-in counters on the USA departures level -

http://www.yvr.ca/Libraries/PGT_docu...29_1.sflb.ashx
Old May 27, 2014, 8:51 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by nrr
At JFK T4 it is outside security. It is next to baggage reclaim area. (After you have reclaimed your luggage (from an intl, trip), you bring it to this area to route it to your final destination.)
Since most people applying for GE, are probably "local" area residents, it would be difficult for them to get to GE interview area if it was airside.
Shouldn't JFK call that the baggage recheck area? Typically you claim your baggage inside customs and recheck it after passing through customs.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:25 am
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by drewguy
Shouldn't JFK call that the baggage recheck area? Typically you claim your baggage inside customs and recheck it after passing through customs.
Yes it should, but it is described as:

John F. Kennedy International Airport
Terminal Four, Main Lobby next to baggage reclaim
Jamaica, NY 11430

when you search for locating GE at JFK.

PS: The "official" map for T4 level 1, shows it as re-check...but most other searches show it is "reclaim".
Old May 27, 2014, 5:26 pm

PHL is outside security, near the International Arrivals Hall in terminal A-West (3rd floor). You DO have to go under the sign that says 'do not enter', but nobody bothers you.
Old May 28, 2014, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by nrr
Yes it should, but it is described as:
Indeed - my issue was not with your accurate description of the JFK map location, but rather the inaccurate term on the JFK map.
Old May 28, 2014, 8:04 am

Atlanta enrollment centers

2 centers in Atlanta. One is in the international terminal on the first floor out of the secure area. The other center (Atlanta Port Office) is across I-75 (on the east side) from the international terminal.
Old May 28, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
Originally Posted by JObeth66
PHL is outside security, near the International Arrivals Hall in terminal A-West (3rd floor). You DO have to go under the sign that says 'do not enter', but nobody bothers you.
As I recall, the directions specifically said to look for that DO NOT ENTER sign when looking for the office. (the DO NOT ENTER refers to going upstream towards Immigration Control I believe.)
Old May 28, 2014, 4:56 pm

At SEA, interviews are in the CPB office at mezzanine level, groundside, not the airside office in the South Satellite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.