Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Adding KTN and Redress Number on Air India Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: I have a frequent flyer account with pretty much any airline to exist. Usually use AA and OW.

I have a ticket booked for next month on Air India. Hopefully, I can get my bags tagged all the way to my destination, but if not (separate tickets with UA and AI connecting in SFO), I'm planning on using my TSA Pre benefits to re-clear security. However, I cannot add either TTN or Redress on the Air India website. I tried calling and the agent was completely clueless on what to do. She later said it can't be done and to contact the ticketing airline (Turkish, because it was an award ticket) to get it done. AFAIK, TTN and Redress are dealt with by the operating carrier, so does any one know how to add these numbers to my itinerary record?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:54 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by lookatthenameyo
... so does any one know how to add these numbers to my itinerary record?
According to a recent Reddit discussion, present your your Trusted Traveler card at the Air India check-in counter and the agent will update your information and issue you a new boarding pass with the TSA PreCheck designator.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: I have a frequent flyer account with pretty much any airline to exist. Usually use AA and OW.
Originally Posted by TWA884
According to a recent Reddit discussion, present your your Trusted Traveler card at the Air India check-in counter and the agent will update your information and issue you a new boarding pass with the TSA PreCheck designator.
So I won't be able to get it done unless I exit the secure area at SFO. Wouldn't need it if I don't exit that area though, so makes sense. Thanks for the help!

What about Redress though? Had a couple of issues with security earlier so I have a redress number to account for that. It's prevented check-in and caused SSSS, which is why I'm a tad worried.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:49 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lookatthenameyo
So I won't be able to get it done unless I exit the secure area at SFO. Wouldn't need it if I don't exit that area though, so makes sense. Thanks for the help!

What about Redress though? Had a couple of issues with security earlier so I have a redress number to account for that. It's prevented check-in and caused SSSS, which is why I'm a tad worried.
If you are checking luggage through to your final destination or traveling with only carry-on bags, why would you need to exit the secured airside area and go through TSA a security at SFO? If you have to pick up your bags at SFO to check them for your Air India flight, you'll have to see an agent regardless whether you need to add the KTV and Redress number to your Passenger Name Record. The agent at SFO should be able to add both numbers to your PNR.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TWA884
If you are checking luggage through to your final destination or traveling with only carry-on bags, why would you need to exit the secured airside area and go through TSA a security at SFO? If you have to pick up your bags at SFO to check them for your Air India flight, you'll have to see an agent regardless whether you need to add the KTV and Redress number to your Passenger Name Record. The agent at SFO should be able to add both numbers to your PNR.
It's not per se the issue of picking up bags and re-checking. In that case, I'd have to go to the counter regardless. However, if the bags are checked through (by account of UA being able to interline the bags at my origin airport), but I am not able to OLCI for the Air India flight, on account of an issue that would be alleviated by the redress, then would I have to exit the secured area regardless? Hw can I account for that instance?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:22 pm

You are not alone.

I found the following message in the Air India moves from Sita PSS to Amadeus on May 24, 2022 thread in the India-Based Airlines forum.
Originally Posted by SeeBuyFly
The booking web page, while generally more stable than in the past, still has some flaws. A non-AI FF no. is still not retained, it can be entered but it does not show up in MMB. There is also no way to enter a KTN even though AI participates in PreCheck. It was suggested in one of the blogs that one should enter the KTN in the redress number field, but there was no such field.
The only other suggestion that I have it to try checking in at the lounge, if you have access, or at the gate when the agents get there.
SPN Lifer and lookatthenameyo like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.