Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India moves from Sita PSS to Amadeus on May 24, 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2022, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hyho61
That would be the immediate solution, may be they are waiting for software updates.

I did not refer to revamping the UK code shares with foreign carriers, just code sharing between AI and UK only, which should be possible since they have one owner, pending GoI approvals, which generally should not be an issue in this case.
Software updates incoming:

Old May 12, 2022, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Which is better for consumers?
Old May 12, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Nothing could be as bad as what AI currently has.
Old May 23, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold

Major migration of AI's PSS. I guess they are moving away from SITA??? Expect some chaos over the next few days for revenue and award booking.

Migration starts 24th May evening and lasts about 16 hours for revenue tickets and about 7 days for AI awards. *A awards uses a separate platform and will be available all throughout.

Last edited by PiperAtGatesofDawn; May 23, 2022 at 8:33 am
Old May 23, 2022, 11:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Major migration of AI's PSS. I guess they are moving away from SITA??? Expect some chaos over the next few days for revenue and award booking.

Migration starts 24th May evening and lasts about 16 hours for revenue tickets and about 7 days for AI awards. *A awards uses a separate platform and will be available all throughout.
I was looking to make some award bookings last week but got the email regarding the migration. Decided its best to wait till this whole exercise is complete.
Old May 24, 2022, 12:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Move that was pending for ages, and decided last year: https://www.business-standard.com/ar...1401325_1.html

Air India invited bids for a new seven-year PSS contract in March as its existing agreement with SITA is due to end next year. Significantly, SITA is exiting the PSS business altogether.

Sabre and Amadeus submitted bids and Air India selected Amadeus for the contract.

Lets hope they eventually use the full *A CITP aka Amadeus Altea suite... Vistara also uses Altea for reservations, inventory, dcs, and revenue: https://amadeus.com/en/insights/pres...e-it-solutions

Integrating it better in Altea will also open up opportunities to provide feeder services to AF/KL, BA and *A partners.

The SITA PSS was ok for its price but required extensive programming if you wanted to offer anything that interfaced with other airlines or simple things like webfronts, apps, etc. I suppose with the migration of reservations and ticketing we will see the website and app getting screwed up. Departure control seems to be planned for migration at a later point.
Old May 25, 2022, 2:48 am

New website is kind of sort of up. airindia.com for instance screamed "forgery - certificate error" etc. But all in all the new booking engine looks so much better. Everything is big, bold and loud. I would have liked them to present more than one fare option in a single line though. That just seems like a waste of space. That and being able to search for flights immediately on the website without having to scroll down at all. That's why people come to the website mostly. Not to view banners.

Overall great work AI. Now please make a decent portal for your FFP that was truly horrendous! And update the rest of the website to match the booking section.
Old May 25, 2022, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
New website is kind of sort of up. airindia.com for instance screamed "forgery - certificate error" etc. But all in all the new booking engine looks so much better. Everything is big, bold and loud. I would have liked them to present more than one fare option in a single line though. That just seems like a waste of space. That and being able to search for flights immediately on the website without having to scroll down at all. That's why people come to the website mostly. Not to view banners.

Overall great work AI. Now please make a decent portal for your FFP that was truly horrendous! And update the rest of the website to match the booking section.
Definitely a step in the right direction. I have a lot of expectations from Tata so hopefully the FFP will see some good changes.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:29 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Indeed, didn't notice the new website booking engine. It looks like they used the standard amadeus webshop and did a decent implementation. Simple and sweet.

As mentioned before this was in the works before Tata took over, so surprisingly good job! ^

Lets hope the migration to a new CRS enables them to integrate better with UK when the time comes.
Old May 25, 2022, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002
The SITA PSS was ok for its price but required extensive programming if you wanted to offer anything that interfaced with other airlines or simple things like webfronts, apps, etc. I suppose with the migration of reservations and ticketing we will see the website and app getting screwed up. Departure control seems to be planned for migration at a later point.
SITA is exiting the PSS business entirely and served notice on all customers a few years ago that they needed to migrate away. COVID delayed some of that from happening but Air India is one of the last (if not the only) remaining customer at this time. The DCS was still planned to remain active as a standalone product however.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
I was surprised to see that when I went in to Manage my booking, they had not lost it, everything was carried across, and they sent me email with the revised PNR/locator.
Old May 30, 2022, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Did the transition go smoothly?
Old May 30, 2022, 8:15 am

There hasn't been any news reports... so I would imagine it's gone very well.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:31 am
Original Poster

On a side note the AI Android app seems dead...it has just been showing me a "COMING SOON" screen for a few weeks now. I wonder if they will merge it into the TATA NEU app like Air Asia.
Old May 31, 2022, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by superboi
On a side note the AI Android app seems dead...it has just been showing me a "COMING SOON" screen for a few weeks now. I wonder if they will merge it into the TATA NEU app like Air Asia.
No it will stay separate from Tata Neu for some time. They will not be able to translate *A miles to Neu points that easily. App hopefully will become functional with the FFP - but who knows. It isn't a priority for AI for sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.