Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Applying/Renewing Global Entry w/ Dismissed/Expunged Arrests/Charges/Convictions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2024, 10:42 pm

Programs: global entry
Originally Posted by flyingron
GE with one misdemeanor conviction is doable.
Hello
I received conditional approval today
But I'm worried about my Conviction only passed 9years ,
​​​​​​They have the right to reject me. Does GE have a 10-year rule? Or a conviction was sealed doesn’t cares 10-year rule anymore

Thank you very much!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:57 pm

I think you'll be OK in the interview as long as the livescan version of your record matches up with it only being a misdemeanor.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:15 pm

I searched to try to find a similar answer on here but couldnt find one - I was arrested in a foreign country 10 years ago and held as a political prisoner. The US state dept and ambassador advocated for my release. I applied for Global Entry and noted this on my application - does anyone have experience with an arrest from a foreign country?

I am wondering what documentation I should bring for my interview - it is not possible to get certified copies from that country - but I could get a letter of support from the former ambassador, or a copy of the statement made by the state department.

Should I proactively bring a copy of a FBI record background check or only if they ask?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.