Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:27 am

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by flibbly
Do I take this to mean that an old drink/driving conviction I have won't automatically bar me?
From reading the Eligibility page, yes it will bar you:

http://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-tr...ry/eligibility

"Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);"
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:58 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by 710 77345
You'd be surprised though how little you need fly to make it worthwhile - when you think how much per hour we're prepared to fly CW or F, rather than WT+ or WT, and how much time you'd save at an average immigration queue and an average customs queue. The £100 cost of GE makes sense if you fly once every couple of years to the US!
That probably depends on your typical entry point. If it's pre-clearance pretty much anywhere, or PHL, or CLT then you might view the time saving somewhat differently than if you always go to MIA!

Someone who travels at most once a year probably would not feel able to justify this. I would say, given the increasing spread of non-GE automated entry machines, the benefit is being eroded slightly and you'd want to be visiting at least twice a year on average before the balance shifts.

The inclusion of PreCheck is almost now a bigger benefit at some airports, so who you fly with also makes a difference - if it's never one of the airlines who participate then a further incentive is removed.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
That probably depends on your typical entry point. If it's pre-clearance pretty much anywhere, or PHL, or CLT then you might view the time saving somewhat differently than if you always go to MIA!
The automated passport control machines that are rolling out around the country, and available to all ESTA travellers, seem to be speeding up the process also. Still requires visiting a booth each time but this is much quicker than the old method.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:10 pm

Programs: Starbucks Gold
I just came back from Hawaii two weeks ago. I'm not planning to go back until Nov next yr. Also my wife is a US citizen..usually i go with her through the us line. So maybe I don't need it?
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:17 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by jock
Having second thoughts here. Even if I pass the check..I have to fly to US to get a interview...I thought there was a center in Europe?? Also will I still have to apply for an esta every two yrs??
My bet is that someone will be arranging for interviews/final approval/activation to be completed somewhere in the UK too. The US-UK business groups can even organize things to get such a thing to occur in the UK, in much the same way as has happened in Japan, the Netherlands, Germany and perhaps even elsewhere amongst the US VWP countries.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by atmorris

"Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants (to include driving under the influence);"
Thanks. Thats what I expected to be honest, but the earlier comment got my hopes up ;-)
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by gcuk
I emailed the address at the bottom of the webpage (geinbox@...) over the weekend and they replied giving me an access code this morning. They also attached info which describes the process and says they are giving out a limited number of codes in advance in order to test the registration process before the rush. I registered this morning so will see what happens next.
Checked my email this evening and UK Border Force have emailed to say checks complete and have issued my UK access code to use on the GOES website. I'm impressed.
To be fair, I do work in a regulated industry and hold an enhanced DBS so not sure whether that makes a difference but submission to issue of code was less than 8 hours.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by atmorris

It does only say that it may disqualify you but you would have to pay the money and, if not rejected, go for the interview to find out. Not telling them would certainly be likely to bar you and get you on a list.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 2:55 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
There are an absolute handful of Enrolment Centers outside the US, but as you might expect for a US Entry Programme, the vast, vast majority are located inside the country.
My dad (US Citizen) was just conditionally accepted and needs to schedule the interview. There were a number of London locations. Not sure if all are available to the public...

Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Originally Posted by MADPhil
It does only say that it may disqualify you but you would have to pay the money and, if not rejected, go for the interview to find out. Not telling them would certainly be likely to bar you and get you on a list.
Agreed, only way is to be honest and open with them.

And is it worth a $175ish dollar risk
Old Nov 24, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by gcuk
Checked my email this evening and UK Border Force have emailed to say checks complete and have issued my UK access code to use on the GOES website. I'm impressed.
To be fair, I do work in a regulated industry and hold an enhanced DBS so not sure whether that makes a difference but submission to issue of code was less than 8 hours.
I just came to ask how long did it take for people from submission to approval UK code. I've submitted the application earlier today - hopefully not too long until one hears back.

Did you get any email receipt from WorldPay for the £42 fee? I can see the pending charge on my CC, but nothing in the email.

I did make another WorldPay payment this morning [not related to this] and was emailed receipt straight away...
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Did you get any email receipt from WorldPay for the £42 fee? I can see the pending charge on my CC, but nothing in the email.

I did make another WorldPay payment this morning [not related to this] and was emailed receipt straight away...
I paid the fee earlier and like you I didn't get an email receipt from WorldPay.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
No receipt here either
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:11 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I just came to ask how long did it take for people from submission to approval UK code. I've submitted the application earlier today - hopefully not too long until one hears back.
Only 7 hours and 20 minutes - very quick response.

Now, let's see how long will USA checks take.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 12:50 pm

submitted mine earlier today, got the email about an hour ago with the UK code and just spent last hour digging out all the relevant paperwork, dates etc for the GOES website, mental note, prepare 5 years worth of address and employment history before trying something like this again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.