Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:35 pm

Programs: BAEC (Blue, usually)
New application data point: Arrived into ORD at ~13:00 a few weeks back (13th October) and after proceeding with immigration, asked where I needed to go for EoA. Once cleared, you immediately turn left after the booth and walk straight and it won't be too long before you see a small sign indicating is where you queue. I had six people in front of me with two officers conducting the interviews and it took roughly 40 minutes to get seen before an officer called me up - straightforward enough, asked a few questions, took my picture and asked for my passport. By the time she'd said I was good to go and turned to leave, the queue was about 15-20 people long; this seems to be one of the busiest periods of arrivals for the airport so would suggest being brisk off the plane if you arrive in the early afternoon and intend to do your interview here.

Unfortunately I was one of the unlucky ones and after two weeks, started attempting to chase up via phone. To save anyone else time in case you also need to chase up, you'll have the best luck phoning (312) 542-5700 (I did it something during the morning in CST), going for option 0 and then asking to be transferred to supervisor Coble. I was redirected and they asked for name, PASS ID. some verification questions to ensure it was me and a phone number to follow up on. I received an e-mail the next day saying that my application status had changed and I'd been approved. Phoning the number provided for O'Hare at here was fruitless and the one time I'd gotten an answer, she hung up after I asked if I could get any assistance regarding my interview. Perhaps it was the accent
TH310 likes this.

Last edited by ifearn0thing; Nov 5, 2022 at 9:57 pm
Old Dec 1, 2022, 2:51 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Hi al, I need to renew my Global Entry. Do I still need a new £40 access code? And how much can I defer the interview (if I need one)? I'm not allowed in the US until their vaccine restrictions are gone so won't be able to attend an interview.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 1:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you need a new uk check - it will prompt you to do this as part of the process. You can do interviews for renewal online so I wouldn’t worry about when you will be in the US in person.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Global entry application

I've edited this because I was as I suggested having a dim moment. If you have an ESTA attached to your UK passport, that acts as your proof of permit to enter the US. I ignored that question and hooray, was through to the next page.

Last edited by Whiterose; Dec 9, 2022 at 10:06 am Reason: Dim moment
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by BA_Pax
OK folks. Confirming that DFW has an Enroll on Arrival separate immigration booth - booth 60 which is the very furthest away from the Global Entry machines. The line manager told me about it when I asked. My BA193 arrived on time. I deplaned at 1702hrs, hit booth 60 at 1708hrs, and my “interview” was completed 1 minute later. Absolutely superb
Can confirm this, just did it yesterday coming off BA193 and had the same experience. This was a big help BA_Pax , thanks!
Old Dec 29, 2022, 6:36 pm

As a follow up, I applied for global entry for my family and myself in January. I had to wait a reasonable time for conditional approval and then did EoA in MIA. I've now flown through the US and used GE to enter and TSA pre check to leave. All I can say is the process is definitely worth it once all sorted. So much smoother arrival and departure experience. I think all in it took me 9 months but part of that was when my next trip to the US was to do EoA.
golfmad likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Full timeline

29 November 2022 13:20 - Applied for Home Office check code
30 November 2022 03:00 - Check code arrived
30 November 2022 11:00 - Applied for Global Entry
01 December 2022 18:00 - Conditionally approved
26 December 2022 - Enrollment on arrival at LAX TBIT. Process is to clear normal immigration and then line up under the Global Entry sign to the left of the reclaim area exit. Queue was about an hour, interview took 5 mins at around 16:00 local
30 December 2022 01:00 (UK) Global Entry was approved.

Edited to add: Managed to use TSA precheck at LAX on 2 January with no issue - appeared on my iPhone and physical boarding passes.
pmcg likes this.

Last edited by sigma421; Jan 5, 2023 at 2:11 pm
Old Dec 31, 2022, 1:03 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - Virgin/Sky Team Gold / Hillman Imp
First time applying, got UK Check Code through within 24 hours.

Wondering if I apply for Global Entry now or wait a bit, anyone advise best option please?

I next arrive USA (MCO) 4th Feb 16:15 and there for a couple of weeks with spare days.
Wondering if I can maybe Enrol on Arrival at MCO if it did come through in time.

Otherwise next visit is 11th July after this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:07 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by pmcg
Wondering if I apply for Global Entry now or wait a bit, anyone advise best option please?
There is no downside for applying early. Currently, Global Entry applications remain active and do not expire for 24 months after receiving the notification of conditionally-approved. You will have 730 days to complete the enrollment interview (source).
pmcg likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 2:56 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - Virgin/Sky Team Gold / Hillman Imp
Originally Posted by TWA884
There is no downside for applying early. Currently, Global Entry applications remain active and do not expire for 24 months after receiving the notification of conditionally-approved. You will have 730 days to complete the enrollment interview (source).
Thank you.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 10:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I applied for renewal last year, somewhere in spring and it took a while to get approval from USA, probably in July or so. When I checked for zoom interview, there was no dates available, so I left it for laster. Today, I checked website and could book interview for 2h later. Just did it and got approval in 3 minutes. I'm quite impressed. As usual, officers are shocked when they see number of countries visited in last 5 years. Had the same reaction in Alaska 6 years ago.

I do recommend checking for virtual appointment.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Jan 3, 2023 at 10:54 am
Old Jan 3, 2023, 1:02 pm

30 December 2022 12:53 - Applied for Home Office check code
31 Decmber 2022 13:11 - Check code arrived
01 Janaury 2023 14:52 - Applied for Global Entry
03 Janaury 2023 04:25 - Conditionally approved
Old Jan 19, 2023, 1:38 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold
09 October 2022 - Applied for Home Office check code
11 October 2022 - Check code arrived
11 October 2022 - Applied for Global Entry

As of 19th January 2023 - Still Pending Approval!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (1w Emerald), United Platinum (*G), Marriott Plat Elite
Quick question: Do I need to have ESTA on my UK passport when I apply for Global Entry? I still have a valid ESTA for my EU passport but https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...ry-UK-citizens mentions:

> All United Kingdom Global Entry members must have a valid passport and Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) or a valid visa.

I wonder if that pertains to the UK passport one will apply with or any
Old Jan 24, 2023, 2:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes you do need to get your Esta on your UK passport if you want to use GE associated with that passport. And you will need to enter the US using your UK passport if you want to take advantage of GE.
TWA884 and jaro like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.