Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by jupit
Renewed my GE in October (about a month before expiry), and It's still showing as pending now. The TSA-pre that came with GE still works fine, but GE itself doesn't seem to have been extended for the grace period as promised.

Has anyone worked out an easy way to explain the situation next time I enter the US - the guards seemed clueless about the grace period last time I entered (but did let me in via the GE line after I explained)?
The GE "grace period" does not appear online in the TTP portal. Since your TSAPrecheck is working, that's your indication that GE is also still working. Just use GE as normal during the grace period.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by jupit
Renewed my GE in October (about a month before expiry), and It's still showing as pending now. The TSA-pre that came with GE still works fine, but GE itself doesn't seem to have been extended for the grace period as promised.

Has anyone worked out an easy way to explain the situation next time I enter the US - the guards seemed clueless about the grace period last time I entered (but did let me in via the GE line after I explained)?
Does it let you enter your KTN/Passid in the app? If it does then I would say all is well. When mine had expired it would not let me add it in the app.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 7:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Hi All,

Im a UK passport holder, I now live and work in Australia (which doesn't have GE) Can I still apply for GE even if I'm living in Australia with my UK passport? . I still have an address in the UK and hold UK bank accounts ect?

Last edited by sualg; Feb 18, 2024 at 8:41 pm
Old Feb 20, 2024, 4:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, QF Gold, VA Gold, IC Diamond Amb., HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sualg
Hi All,

Im a UK passport holder, I now live and work in Australia (which doesn't have GE) Can I still apply for GE even if I'm living in Australia with my UK passport? . I still have an address in the UK and hold UK bank accounts ect?
Yep you sure can, I did my GE from Australia using my UK passport with no issues. Used my Australian address etc.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 10:31 am

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
"926 error"

I'm trying to renew my GE. I've got my UK check reference number and completed the form. The problem comes on the final paper before "proceed to certify and page". I click on the "save and continue" button to get to the certify and pay page but keep getting this error:

--

Please ensure the documents you are providing have the correct country of issuance. If they do and you still see this error, please send us an email through our support portal at https://help.cbp.gov/s/questions?language=en_US. To ensure a faster response, please be sure to select "Trusted Traveler Programs" as your primary topic and then the subtopic that most closely describes your question. Please include your membership number/PASSID and/or login.gov email address and the code below (send a screenshot, if possible):

Error code(s):926
--

I'm sure all my documents are correctly entered (I do have two passports listed -- the second was added manually by a GE officer in DC after I became a dual citizen with Germany. I emailed them as suggested in the error message above and all that happened was that I got a canned response pointing to various things that don't help me. It said to reply to the email if they don't help which I did but no resonse yet. Has anyone else had (and fixed!) this issue? Thanks.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
Has anyone else had (and fixed!) this issue? Thanks.
It has to do with your German citizenship.
Originally Posted by Hilmar Lehnert
I just tried to renew my partners Global Entry and got error 926 related to the "country of issuance" of our documents . They have two passports (US and Germany) and both are entered correctly. We have used two passports for the original enrollment without problem. We send an e-message as instructed but there was a warning "we are super busy right now, no idea when we can reply".

Has anyone else seen that or know what to do ? Thanks !

EDIT: Figured it out myself

Helpful resource: https://help.cbp.gov/s/article/Artic...language=en_US

Turns out the GE website has changes the way they track multiple citizenships. I needed to remove the German passport from the first citizenship tab and create a second tab for the second passport. That resolved error 926 and resulted immediately in error 927: if you have a US passport you must remove any other documents from "documents to enter the US " even if they are perfectly good entry documents.
​​​​​​​
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:20 pm

Programs: *A "Top 1000 2015", FB Lifetime Plat.; BA Silver; Ma; Hilton Diamond.rriott Gold
ah, thanks! I hadn't found that post, so many thanks for pointing it out; I also hadn't spotted the second tab possibility for the second citizenship -- I had them both under a single tab (because that's the way the system had it when I was trying to renew). It took me a bit more fiddling around to figure it out, but finally was able to have two tabs for my different citizenships and one document (my UK passport) as an entry document. Luckily I'm not a US citizen for this purpose. So I've now been able proceed to payment and submit. Let's see how long it takes, but my current authorisation doesn't expire til August, so with the grace period there should be plenty of time hopefully!
TWA884 likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 6:44 pm

PS just had an email reply from the helpline:

---
If you are receiving an error code 926, please double-check the documents entered under ""Proof of Citizenship."" This section requires a single document for each citizenship entered. Please make sure that all documents entered match the country of citizenship (i.e., do not include a Canadian passport under a U.S. citizenship tab).

If you are a U.S. citizen applying for Global Entry, you must include your U.S. passport. Please remove any additional documents from your U.S. citizenship tab.
---

This is consistent with the advice I got and my experience.
SPN Lifer and TWA884 like this.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:23 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Leedsflyer
ah, thanks! I hadn't found that post, so many thanks for pointing it out; I also hadn't spotted the second tab possibility for the second citizenship -- I had them both under a single tab (because that's the way the system had it when I was trying to renew).
My pleasure to be of help.

I found that post in the "TTP - Trusted Traveler Programs Website -Info, Help, Bugs & Glitches" thread. I used the the term "926" to perform an advanced search of entire posts, not just the titles, in the Trusted Travelers forum. There were two hits, your post and the one which I quoted above.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Silver Fox
Does it let you enter your KTN/Passid in the app? If it does then I would say all is well. When mine had expired it would not let me add it in the app.
Didn’t have the app before. It’s let me add my GE number, so I guess i should be fine next time. Good idea!

Last edited by jupit; Feb 23, 2024 at 5:02 pm
Old Feb 24, 2024, 3:18 pm

Recived confirmation of renewal today (having applied yesterday I think). No need for interview :-).
Old Feb 28, 2024, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Well my application for renewal is about to have it's first birthday - sheds tear /lights candle on cake / they grow up so quickly these days don't they?

I thought an entry at JFK last month might trigger something as it was my first US entry following my original GE expiry date but no.

I'm assuming the two year grace period runs from expiry based on that date rather than renewal date?

my next US visit is in May. Let's see what happens then.
Goodness me! Approval came through today just over a year after applying for renewal.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
My GE was due to run out end of this year so I put in for renewal end of last year when the window opened.

Paid for the "background check" which took 2 days and 2 weeks later I was conditionally approved. I looked for an online interview but there seemed to be none so was planning on booking an interview with my next visit to the US.

However, got an email yesterday saying my application had been updated and when I went to check it showed my application approved with my GE now running until 2029.

Was not aware it could be approved without an interview but obviously saves me the hassle of having to do it.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Just passed my birthday with one year left on my GE status:

Applied for UKBF code 2nd March
UKBF Code received 3rd March
Applied for GE renewal 3rd March - no email
Checked my TTP Dashboard just now (5th March) - No applications in progress!!

Scrolled down - Global Entry Expiration Date: February xx 2030 - no email yet and nothing in the 'notifications' section since my initial 2019 GE application.

Result! Puzzled why there haven't been any notifications though...
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by peter h
Just passed my birthday with one year left on my GE status:

Applied for UKBF code 2nd March
UKBF Code received 3rd March
Applied for GE renewal 3rd March - no email
Checked my TTP Dashboard just now (5th March) - No applications in progress!!

Scrolled down - Global Entry Expiration Date: February xx 2030 - no email yet and nothing in the 'notifications' section since my initial 2019 GE application.

Result! Puzzled why there haven't been any notifications though...
The notification I got for "application status change" came from [email protected]. Perhaps have a search in your email folders for that and see if anything pops up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.