Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
Originally Posted by Markie
My experience is that AA Plat won't get TSAPre if they have a UK passport even with GE. At MIA the Priority Line in the main terminal can be as long and slow as the non-priority lane. Basically the airport is a mess.
I am a Brit, do not live in the US, no green card etc, was AA plat for a couple of years, they gave me TSA-Pre (well before I got GE) - it just appeared in my AA profile one day and i selected the box to opt-in (it appeared right when they first did TSA-Pre, i just generally could not use it until international flights were allowed as typically i start in GCM, but definitely worked a year back or so after an overnight in MIA, as technically was flying a US only itinerary that day). Switched to BA number when flying this year, but recently did a segment (before i got GE) with my AA number. Even though i had dropped to AA Gold back in February or whenever it rolled, I still got TSA Pre that day, and it still shows in my profile that I am opted in. I had read that it was a system error more than anything!!

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 15, 2013 at 9:59 am
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I am a Brit, do not live in the US, no green card etc, was AA plat for a couple of years, they gave me TSA-Pre (well before I got GE) - it just appeared in my AA profile one day and i selected the box to opt-in (it appeared right when they first did TSA-Pre, i just generally could not use it until international flights were allowed as typically i start in GCM, but definitely worked a year back or so after an overnight in MIA, as technically was flying a US only itinerary that day). Switched to BA number when flying this year, but recently did a segment (before i got GE) with my AA number. Even though i had dropped to AA Gold back in February or whenever it rolled, I still got TSA Pre that day, and it still shows in my profile that I am opted in. I had read that it was a system error more than anything!!
Almost certainly a system error unfortunately. I have GE, I have the "check mark" next to the "TSA pre" box on my AA profile and I'm a legal resident - haven't once got the magical LLL at the TSA station that signifies Pre check...and that's after a lot of attempts
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by golfmad
Just email Larry (see up thread). If you have the same response time as me you'll have one later the same day.
Wow! Sent an email @ 19:34 to Mr Panetta and received a reply with code @ 19:39!!!

That's insanely quick
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Hopefully I will never have to do Windsor - Detroit again (machine gun barrel in the face last time) ...
Ah yes, those graduates from the Detroit Charm School. We were convinced that serving there was some kind of CBP penalty.

Arriving from Windsor, I was once asked as part of the interrogation: 'Why you got a visa, you got a criminal record or sump'n?' As it happens, I've never used ESTA for US entry, just visas.

The Canadians were better: 'You Brits? Your cricket team sucks!' We didn't have the heart to tell him that there's no such thing as a British cricket team. @:-)

It's good of BA to supply codes, if only for golds. Having arrived on a number of airlines over the years, starting with TW, then BA, LH, VS, KL, NW, UA, CO, AC and perhaps others, Mr Panetta looks the way to go.

When I first saw that name upthread, I thought it was Leon - http://edition.cnn.com/2013/02/25/us...tta-fast-facts I was wrong.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:06 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by jonnye
Wow! Sent an email @ 19:34 to Mr Panetta and received a reply with code @ 19:39!!!

That's insanely quick
... and it's a real person doing it because the return e-mails aren't even auto-generated - a bit of cut & paste, true, but still personalised in the sense that I asked for two codes and the second one had a manually added note that the additional code was for MrsNWIFlyer.

Looks like someone has time on their hands
Old Aug 16, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Really? I was there three weeks ago and the green lights were on but they had double tensabarrier protection.
If you look down and see the green light, you just go past the TENSA barrier and ignore it

I think what happens is when they both go down, they put the barrier across while they are being reset. Sometimes overnight. But then they forget to remove it when they work again
Old Aug 16, 2013, 7:22 am

Location: Miami Beach FL, Philadelphia PA, and Oxfordshire UK
Programs: BA Gold, AA Executive Platinum, PriorityPass, Global Entry, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
... and it's a real person doing it because the return e-mails aren't even auto-generated - a bit of cut & paste, true, but still personalised in the sense that I asked for two codes and the second one had a manually added note that the additional code was for MrsNWIFlyer.

Looks like someone has time on their hands
Indeed! I had a personal email from Larry asking to confirm nationality and where I reside, and then the more cut n paste email 5 mins later with the code!! This was on wednesday.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AA EXP 2 MM
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Really? I was there three weeks ago and the green lights were on but they had double tensabarrier protection.
I went past the barrier recently, and although the IRIS machine I used had a green light, the screen was not working, so I had to rely on the audio instructions to get my head in the right position!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
Well, I got my police certificate and paid my $100, so my application's in. Now to wait for news.

It was a bit confusing but it looks like "Police certificate number" is the 8-digit number beneath the hologram. If you try to enter the other number it tells you it has to be 8 digits.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:49 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by anative
Now how about something similar for US citizens entering the UK?
Fly via Europe into Manchester. With no EU passport you get to skip to the front of the line!
Old Aug 16, 2013, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Connections is a big one for me, especially if you arrive into certain airports like MIA where certain flights are full of people that take > 5 mins per person to process. Not anyone's fault so no offence intended, but if I can avoid standing in a queue where it generally took < 2 mins to be processed after waiting a very long time for others to be processed at much slower speeds.... And esp with connections in the US onto AA - if you are in J/F, you miss your flight due to imm...and you need to get the next flight, good luck with all the upgraders filling the F/J cabins.

Paulwuk makes a good point re traveling with others. Would you leave them...? Otherwise manord, definitely get it. You will appreciate it when you are faced with a rammed immigration hall with no one at the GE machines.

And i do wonder just how many people will sign up. I bet some airports will have GE lines whereas some other never will (im betting MIA wont - prog has been open to Americans for a few years now and still no queues....very much a tourist airport that one...)
When it comes to arrivals at major US airports, MIA has the highest proportion of non-US person pax to US person pax and it has the highest proportion of pax referred to secondary by CBP for document-related concerns. In other words, lower proportion of US persons at that airport in an environment where there is a relatively low number of non-US or non-NAFTA persons with GE enabled.

About CBP Preclearance, foreign airlines, airports and/or host government have to be willing to pay up for that in some great part. Recently the UAE tried to get it for AUH and Congress basically killed it off for all sorts of bad reasons IMO.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
For the benefit of any UK citizens (non US permanent residents) applying:

ACRO certificate application mailed: Friday 16th August
Application receipt acknowledged: Monday 19th August
Certificate received: Wednesday 21st August (I had chosen the priority option)
Global entry application submitted: Wednesday 21st August
Conditional approval received: Monday 26th August

I've just scheduled an interview for a couple of weeks's time, which is when I'm next in the US. Very happy with how smoothly and swiftly everything's gone so far.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks so much to all who shared information about this. I sent off my police certificate application on Friday the 16th, had the certificate by the following Wednesday (I'd gone the priority route), did the Global Entry application that evening and have just got my conditional approval today. A 10 day turnaround for all that is pretty impresssive. And I've got my interview scheduled for a couple of weeks' time when I'm next in the US. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the rest has.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Can anyone clarify what level of police certificate is required as there seem to be a variety of levels ?
Old Aug 26, 2013, 11:07 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by choirgirl
Thanks so much to all who shared information about this. I sent off my police certificate application on Friday the 16th, had the certificate by the following Wednesday (I'd gone the priority route), did the Global Entry application that evening and have just got my conditional approval today. A 10 day turnaround for all that is pretty impresssive. And I've got my interview scheduled for a couple of weeks' time when I'm next in the US. Hopefully that will go as smoothly as the rest has.
Not so fast for me sadly. I sent for my police certificate on the 16th August. I have the proof of receipt that it was signed for at the PCC on the 19th August. I also paid for the premium service but I'm yet to receive anything back so cannot progress my application. Having said that, we're in the US at the moment so it will take a few extra days for the certificate to arrive here. Hoping I can get it all done before I head next return to the US mid September. Running out of time to organise the the interview though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.