FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines
Old Aug 15, 2013, 12:40 pm
Stripy

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jcm9000
I am a Brit, do not live in the US, no green card etc, was AA plat for a couple of years, they gave me TSA-Pre (well before I got GE) - it just appeared in my AA profile one day and i selected the box to opt-in (it appeared right when they first did TSA-Pre, i just generally could not use it until international flights were allowed as typically i start in GCM, but definitely worked a year back or so after an overnight in MIA, as technically was flying a US only itinerary that day). Switched to BA number when flying this year, but recently did a segment (before i got GE) with my AA number. Even though i had dropped to AA Gold back in February or whenever it rolled, I still got TSA Pre that day, and it still shows in my profile that I am opted in. I had read that it was a system error more than anything!!
Almost certainly a system error unfortunately. I have GE, I have the "check mark" next to the "TSA pre" box on my AA profile and I'm a legal resident - haven't once got the magical LLL at the TSA station that signifies Pre check...and that's after a lot of attempts