Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2021, 9:57 am

Programs: BA/VS Gold
Originally Posted by jp-mco
My family has GE and although we got our UK check codes within 24 hours it took about ~140 days to get conditional approval.
140 days! that's bizarrely long...
Old Nov 7, 2021, 1:26 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Applied for renewal yesterday morning, now waiting on UKBF...
Old Nov 7, 2021, 5:15 pm

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
And ten minutes past midnight, the night shift responded with the code.

will apply for the renewal tomorrow and post when I hear back.
Old Nov 8, 2021, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by rhysflies
Not really, most GE applications were taking that amount of time in early 2019. Some took much, much longer!
Old Nov 9, 2021, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Have just applied as a first time applicant and am hoping I can do my interview on the 22nd - so hopefully it doesn't take as long as the 10 days + 2 weeks quoted...!
The UK Gov web page that says " You’ll find out if you’ve passed in 2 weeks" is severly out of date and not reflective of the current situation.

Received my check code in less than 24 hours - on a Saturday morning. Very efficient. Hope the US authorities are equally fast!
They won't be. Especually if they have any queries that require manual intervention to resolve.

The days of it coming in a couple of weeks have long gone. There was a huge backlog of applications even before the pandemic hit.

You need to be realistic in that it is a near certainty that you won't be getting conditional approval from the CBP in time to do an interview on arrival into the US on the 22nd November.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
My GE is still valid for a couple of years but I am getting a new passport - is it as simple as updating my passport number on the website or will I likely face issues the first time I try and use my existing GE with my new passport?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 3:40 am

After you have entered the new passport details on the GE website, the first time you enter the US on the new passport the agent will probably check it against the system.

Should be ok after that.
oceanscape likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 9:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
After you have entered the new passport details on the GE website, the first time you enter the US on the new passport the agent will probably check it against the system.

Should be ok after that.
Can I still use the GE lane or will it reject me and send me to the regular line?
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by oceanscape
Can I still use the GE lane or will it reject me and send me to the regular line?
If you have added your new passport details then you can use the GE line and then it might ask you to see an agent (there is usually a specific agent allocated to GE).
oceanscape likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:29 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I got a new passport part way through my normal GE term. Very easy to update online on the TTP site and approved straight away - although I hear sometimes it does require further checks.

First visit to the US I used the GE kiosks as normal, no difference to before and no X so all very easy - but as BlueHorizonUK mentioned it is possible you may get an X and need to see an agent just to have a quick check of the new passport.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:23 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA, QF, UA, DL, Marriott, Priority Rewards Gold
95 day wait for conditional approval

I wasn’t travelling during COVID so forgot my GE was expired in May 2021 and missed clicking renew before it expired.

* British Citizen so got Border Force code less than 24 hours after applying on 7 Oct 21
* Applied for GE renewal 7 Oct 2021
* Travelled without GE entering US on 12/11, 19/11 and 28/12
* Received conditional approval 10 Jan 22 -- total of 95 days wait.

Now to schedule an interview. There are no remote Zoom interviews available. Best location looks to be Miami which has interviews available tomorrow. Some locations have interviews in March. Some have none. Will probably do on arrival on my next trip.

Last edited by MatthewRob; Jan 10, 2022 at 2:39 pm Reason: update
Old Dec 3, 2021, 1:09 am

Applied for a UK background check on November 24th. Got the code back within a couple of hours.

Applied for Global Entry the same day.

Travelling to IAD on January 14th so hopefully I’ll get conditional approval before then!
Old Dec 3, 2021, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
Renewal:

Applied for code from BF: 25th Nov
Code Received: 25th Nov
Applied for Renewal: 26th Nov
Conditional Approval: TBA
Interview: TBA
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:38 pm

Does anyone know what happens if you are conditionally approved, but your passport expires so you need a new one?
do you have to start again?
Old Dec 7, 2021, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by AlanA
Does anyone know what happens if you are conditionally approved, but your passport expires so you need a new one?
do you have to start again?
Just bring both the expired passport and the new passport to the enrollment interview.

Please take a look at the following thread:
AlanA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.