Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 22, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Print Wikipost

UK Citizens Global Entry Applications and Renewals Procedures & Timelines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Yes - it was an issue with my hotmail email address - once I had emailed them to understand what had happened they sent my access code to a different email address and all was good - now just waiting on the approval (or not)!

aks120
Old May 26, 2021, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
I noticed at the start of May that my Global Entry had expired. After a couple of days fighting with the new website (I hadn't setup a new account when they moved over a few years back, and it initially wouldn't match my details), I was able to see my expired Global Entry details and ready to renew. I applied for the UK Border Force code at 10am on a weekday, and got the code by 6pm the day after. The new Global Entry website was a lot nicer for entering all the countries I had visited, so got the application in a few hours after the Border Force code arrived. 12 days later I got the "TTP Application Status Change" email, and on logging in my renewal was Approved! As far as I can tell, that means I won't need an interview and my Global Entry is active again after just over 2 weeks.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:01 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
I noticed at the start of May that my Global Entry had expired. After a couple of days fighting with the new website (I hadn't setup a new account when they moved over a few years back, and it initially wouldn't match my details), I was able to see my expired Global Entry details and ready to renew. I applied for the UK Border Force code at 10am on a weekday, and got the code by 6pm the day after. The new Global Entry website was a lot nicer for entering all the countries I had visited, so got the application in a few hours after the Border Force code arrived. 12 days later I got the "TTP Application Status Change" email, and on logging in my renewal was Approved! As far as I can tell, that means I won't need an interview and my Global Entry is active again after just over 2 weeks.
By applying after your Global Entry membership had expired, you probably got an extra year of validity. Is your new expiration date on your birthday in 2026 or 2027?
Old May 26, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by TWA884
By applying after your Global Entry membership had expired, you probably got an extra year of validity. Is your new expiration date on your birthday in 2026 or 2027?
Ah nice, it's showing 2027!

Expiration Date: MMMM DD, 2027
You cannot renew your membership until MMMM DD, 2026.
EDIflyer and TWA884 like this.
Old Jun 8, 2021, 3:53 pm

My timeline:
Applied - 4 May 2021
Conditional Approval - 8 June 2021
(35 days)

I will complete my application using Enrolment on Arrival when I fly to US at the end of June.

For info - I am not a US citizen, Greencard holder or permanent resident, I am a UK citizen and only travel on an ESTA no special Visa.

A much quicker process than I was expecting, especially after I found this forum thread!
Old Jun 9, 2021, 2:25 pm

deleted

Last edited by markle; May 25, 2023 at 6:26 am
Old Jun 21, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
Ive been conditionally approved , and have the button to schedule an appointment, but when i click it nothing happens.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
Old Jun 21, 2021, 12:01 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stewaran
Ive been conditionally approved , and have the button to schedule an appointment, but when i click it nothing happens.

Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks
1st time application or renewal?

In any event, you have two years from the date of the conditional approval to complete the enrollment interview (please refer to the Deadline to Complete Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19 [Updated - 2 Yrs] thread) and you can complete the enrollment interview upon arrival in the United States without having to schedule it in advance (please refer to the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread).
Old Jun 22, 2021, 2:45 am

1st time application or renewal?

In any event, you have two years from the date of the conditional approval to complete the enrollment interview (please refer to the Deadline to Complete Enrollment Interviews Extended due to COVID-19 [Updated - 2 Yrs] thread) and you can complete the enrollment interview upon arrival in the United States without having to schedule it in advance (please refer to the Global Entry Enrollment on Arrival thread).

It is a first time application, I didn't see on the TSA website that i could do a walk in. Also my flight into BOS lands outside there working hours.

Can walk in from airside, or do you need to be arriving on a flight?
Old Jun 22, 2021, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by stewaran
Can walk in from airside, or do you need to be arriving on a flight?
Enrollment on Arrival is available only at passport control upon arrival in the US.

We have a thread discussing availability of enrollment interview appointments:
Old Jun 23, 2021, 8:56 am

Enrollment on Arrival is available only at passport control upon arrival in the US.

We have a thread discussing availability of enrollment interview appointments:
OK thanks for your help, I land into BOS about 20:30 and they close at 20:00. So i guess it will have to be my next trip :-(
Old Jun 24, 2021, 3:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
My wife applied for her renewal at the earliest opportunity (1 year before expiry) on May 25th and yesterday she got confirmation that it had been renewed without any interview required. I applied for my renewal on my birthday on June 15th so will see how long it takes for a decision to be made for me. We are both UK citizens who still live here and find GE excellent value for money and found it exceedingly smooth to use.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 2:49 pm

First time U.K. family applying for GE.
initial approval for U.K. applied 25/05/21 approved 1st June 21
applied for GE 1st June 21
all given Conditional Approval between 16th June (mine and 18th June (sons)

very quick

Last edited by AlanA; Jul 12, 2021 at 10:50 am
Old Jul 12, 2021, 7:56 am

Applied for the first time on June 14th and got Conditional Approval on July 12th. Appointment booked for October 14th when in New York (if Biden has the borders open by then!)
Old Jul 16, 2021, 1:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Applied for renewal on June 15th and yesterday got conditional approval. I was hoping that, like my wife, no interview would be needed but not so lucky. Looked at available zoom interview slots but none as yesterday. Had a look this morning and there are numerous ones available - I took first one available on 20th July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.